ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Vs Trophy

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I don't agree with the suggestion that most people like it unless they own an older Clio.

I don't know anyone IRL who likes the look of the Clio 200. When the subject has come up amongst friends, colleagues, family and acquaintances, it's almost unanimously disliked.

To suggest that most people who don't like, don't like it because they don't own it, is preposterous. Using that rationale, one could argue that the people who own it, and like it, only like it because they own it. Perhaps people don't own it, simply because they don't like it eh? Is it that hard to come to terms with?
I really don't like the front of the 200 but I still bought one, the way I see it is how often are u actually gona look at it? Most of the tine you will be driving it

Totally agree, and I've said a hundred times that I'd have one. I'd just have to get used to a tasting a little bit of sick every time I saw the front.

PS 200
Totally agree, and I've said a hundred times that I'd have one. I'd just have to get used to a tasting a little bit of sick every time I saw the front.
Don't think I'd get out of an FRS to get into a 200.

But if you fancy a straight swap PM me ;):D

Just sold my 200. Had a Trophy for nearly 5 years previous to that.

I literally laughed everyday in the trophy. In a year with the 200 I managed a couple of smiles.

Last edited:
  RB 182 195bhp
I find it weird how this forum goes through phases of everyone hating the newest model, then loving it, then liking both but preferring the older car.

Clio Trophy
I preferred my Trophy to my 200 too tbh.

Hi Just joined the forum and having my first look around and came across this post.
As a current trophy owner (current car 3years(used as second car)) and also a previous trophy owner (previous trophy owned for 5years used every day)
with a 2 year gap when i owned and a brand new R27 i have to say i do love the trophy and never got on as well with the R27.
As an EVO magazine reader i know they think there is a world of difference between the R27 and 200 so i still wonder with a 200 would come par like to a trophy! The 197 just never felt as quick or nimble to me but a 200 could be different. (very well written above though)

The reason i have joined is that now the trophy is a second car (only happened recently) am thinking of how viable it is to make it faster Turbo/cams/supercharging or whether just to sell and buy something quicker (RS250)
due to the experience of the R27 i would be happer to keep the trophy but open to thoughts. This months evo magazine got me thinking.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
OVERALL Smiles per miles - In standard form

Trophy > 182 > 172 > 200 > 197.

Overall Handling package ( by a whisker )

200 > 197 > Trophy > 182 > 172

If I had 3k in my Sky rocket-

PH1 172 or 172 cup

If I had 5k in my pocket

Trophy

If I had 7-8k in my pocket

Trophy or Sorted R27

If I had 10k

Meggy Engine R27.

Having had countless of the above I think the best looking Clio out of the lot is the 197- particularly this with its Halfords bodykit-

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/civic-monster/P1010017.jpg

If I had 10k to blow I would look to get a 197 like the above- sort the engine & handling- Jon done.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Agree with the posted 197 looking the best, although I like the skirts too if they have the splitter...

For £10k would you still go for a 197 over a Ph1 V6 though?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
No chance on a ph1 v6 I had 2 they arent very good

would need extra wedge and buy a ph2 -

but depends what you want it for - a weekend hack certainly isnt a v6
but a car with a bit of a sense of occasion it is -

i agree with the skirts
the best car was R8TDLs 197 under the spotlight but all the photos have gone :(

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What was the LY R27 with all the bits and white wheels? Sounded crap on paper but looked amazing in the flesh, I actually did see it irl once too.