ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 220 Trophy R3T spec

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
A bit of an impulse buy! I saw these on photos on the Internet so I called John at R Sport to enquire on price and availability. I then ordered them and picked them up last week, I also ordered new Yokohama ADO8R tyres from Ben Patey and picked them up today in Bracknell. Arrived home and had them fitted, then trial fitted them to see how they sit as they're a different size and offset to the original Trophy wheels. So with a little fettling they should sit right what with longer wheel bolts.

They're a tarmac spec wheel the Clio R3T rally cars use, they can only be bought from R Sport. Commissioned by RenaultSport as the std issue rally wheel for the series so they're the same PCD and centrebore with the added bonus of clearing the Brembo 4 pot calipers without the need for a spacer.
DSC_5230~2-01.jpeg
DSC_5232~2-01.jpeg

_20180818_161809.JPG

DSC_5233~3-01.jpeg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Nice, how is road noise with the tyres out of interest? Thinking of putting them on my MX-5 but don’t want them if they are noisy as feck.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Really like the design , its just a shame they cover most of the Brembos which look incredible .

535d / t5 caravelle
Saw one of these today, certainly made me look twice, will have to have a read up on them after, looks superb that.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Nice, how is road noise with the tyres out of interest? Thinking of putting them on my MX-5 but don’t want them if they are noisy as feck.
The only noise I've heard people describe is they sound like your wheel bearings are f@@ked! I wouldn't say they're unbearable though. Mark Abbott uses them on his daily, I can't seem to tag him in.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Spent the evening working everything out ready for CS18. I took out the PMS 10mm rear shims as the wheels sat just too proud for my liking, then put a 5mm spacer on up front as the original Eibach 16mm spacers were too much. Pretty damn happy with how it sits now, just need to pick up the new longer wheel bolts then I'm ready to go.
DSC_5243~2.JPG

DSC_5246~2.JPG

DSC_5239~2.JPG

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Look forward to seeing this next weekend. Looks fantastic!

Thank you! Be warned (IMO) for some strange reason they'll look not only different in the flesh but not as good up close. When you stand back say 20 ft they have a completely different look about them. Side on and quarter angle is all good ?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I really like that, think the car needs to look a bit more aggressive to go with the wheels now though

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The only noise I've heard people describe is they sound like your wheel bearings are f@@ked! I wouldn't say they're unbearable though. Mark Abbott uses them on his daily, I can't seem to tag him in.

I don't find them bad at all. I use them all year round. Sun, rain, snow, etc and can't say I've noticed it being unbearable. Wouldn't even say they give off that load a hum. I'd recommend them.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Love the look of these, great choice, nice to see something different although to be fair haven't seen many Mk4's on different wheels

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Love the look of these, great choice, nice to see something different although to be fair haven't seen many Mk4's on different wheels

I think as many are in PCP deals they don't tend to venture too far in modding. They're also tricky on the offsets so you really have to get it right, especially with the Brembo 4 pot calipers as the std wheels don't fit they have to be spaced. These are unique, I don't think anyone else will have these fitted or go to the trouble of doing it.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I think as many are in PCP deals they don't tend to venture too far in modding. They're also tricky on the offsets so you really have to get it right, especially with the Brembo 4 pot calipers as the std wheels don't fit they have to be spaced. These are unique, I don't think anyone else will have these fitted or go to the trouble of doing it.
Makes perfect sense, definitely worth the trouble ?

RS Clio 220 Trophy

I bought my 220 Trophy outright without finance but I am quite happy to leave the standard black RS wheels...although yours do look good ?