ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 220 Trophy remap results

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
For those with a Mk4, do they actually make book power this time?
I'm not sure many people have had them RR'd. I know that with a remap the standard 200edc tends to see around 230-240bhp but unless the torque is mapped properly it tends to throw up errors with the box. RS tuning in Leeds seem to have it down to a tee though and as far as I'm aware they've not had any such issues. I've seen one RR where someone in a foreign country had 190bhp I think it was.

RB Clio 182
I'm not sure many people have had them RR'd. I know that with a remap the standard 200edc tends to see around 230-240bhp but unless the torque is mapped properly it tends to throw up errors with the box. RS tuning in Leeds seem to have it down to a tee though and as far as I'm aware they've not had any such issues. I've seen one RR where someone in a foreign country had 190bhp I think it was.
Could be s**t fuel and hot temperature that didnt help.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
Oh yes they would

are both of those cars standard ?
strange video anyway, the new clio comes back really strong again after a while, but then drops rapidly back, its not very convincing.
Also the new clio in the video isn't a trophy, I'm sure you knew that.
, I can show you video of an old mgzs 180 beating Nissan skyline, bmw m3, various porsches ......it doesnt mean anything unless you know the specs of each car, their weights, any passengers etc etc .

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Doesn't really matter tbh. I'm sure the new Clio is ace to drive and thr design etc is starting to appeal. Problem it has was everyone was bumming the st (I know it's a good car) so a comparison would have to be top draw to compete.

BG Clio 182
are both of those cars standard ?
strange video anyway, the new clio comes back really strong again after a while, but then drops rapidly back, its not very convincing.
Also the new clio in the video isn't a trophy, I'm sure you knew that.
, I can show you video of an old mgzs 180 beating Nissan skyline, bmw m3, various porsches ......it doesnt mean anything unless you know the specs of each car, their weights, any passengers etc etc .
That's hilarious I have to be honest. That video is pretty convincing to me lol. It is understandable though with the price of these to expect them to be quicker lol

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The 200 EDCs have more than 1 make of ECU, luckily mine has the one that can be worked on so a mapping session will soon sort out the difference between the 200 and the Trophy. The Trophy has different springs which are 15% stiffer and a 3mm lower ride height, another option is to fit Cooksports but I don't know anyone who has them fitted. It feels ok as it is and I'm not #racecardriver, I'll have to go passenger in a Trophy to get some feedback on the difference. I think the other difference is the steering rack.

My days of spanner wielding and engine changing are over hence buying the 200EDC, albeit a tinker here and there by others it offers everything I need. I can drive it lazy auto style as and when, then book a handful of track days throughout the year.
DSC_1750~2.JPG
DSC_1744~2.JPG

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
That's hilarious I have to be honest. That video is pretty convincing to me lol. It is understandable though with the price of these to expect them to be quicker lol

as I said, video is useless without knowing if the cars are standard or not, we do know this clio 200 edc Is standard because it says so in the description.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
good horse power
i assume you mean 252 nm torque not 252 ft lb, standard torque is 192ft lb discounting over boost in 4th and 5th, but even with over boost its only 205 ft lb iirc

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
good horse power
i assume you mean 252 nm torque not 252 ft lb, standard torque is 192ft lb discounting over boost in 4th and 5th, but even with over boost its only 205 ft lb iirc
Was gonna say I didn't think the true was that high std.
And as it stands there still isn't a map ready for the Trophy.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
yeah there is but its a foreign company whos cracked it, I posted a thread on here about it a month or so back.
Remap to trophy with no other mods made, 252 bhp and 320nm.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
yeah there is but its a foreign company whos cracked it, I posted a thread on here about it a month or so back.
Remap to trophy with no other mods made, 252 bhp and 320nm.
To which a well known mapper bought it and tried it on their Trophy.... With worse than stock figures..

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
To which a well known mapper bought it and tried it on their Trophy.... With worse than stock figures..

please share more info...what went wrong, the tuning company has stage 1 and stage 2 packages and graphs to prove their claims, so it must have worked for them ?

Brilliant how the "must be a manual brigade" are still waffling on....

Other than s**t fuel consumption, mines an absolute hoon to drive. Took a couple of months to settle into it.
Miss the 182 but would never go back now.

Too hard to even sum up the 200edc on a test drive from a dealers. You need time with it

What is that supposed to prove, other than you can dump a tonne of money into your clio and a stock mercedes will still outrun it?
Not proving anything just impressive imo from a little 1.6t.
Can chuck a s**t load of cash at any car and still get beat other cars thats life.

182 Turbo
Had mine on the rollers at friends rolling road day yesterday, standard car run on VPower I made 223.7bhp & 252lb/ft torque
So is this the first renaultsport in history to make the actual power the books quote? 😂

williams and trophy
Nope. The williamses did that many many moons ago.
A lot of the low power from the 1#2s was mainly ppl think the 172 was bhp. Lol. Like 182 was bhp too....errrr. no.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
fair enough we all look for different things in a car, personally i found the Trophy more capable than the Fiesta and it felt more special, maybe not quite as much fun ultimately.

I don't really understand the Gearbox thing, I loved the Trophy gearbox instantly, after going up through the gears flat out just once I was hooked, changes in less than 1 tenth of a second, so quick you cant even feel them, and accompanied by great exhaust cracks and bangs.....to me it makes a manual change just feel slow and old fashioned, I realise many people don't agree though and thats fine.
David
I had the rather "wow - I'm impressed / really?" situation just last night on the way home, when my wife was asking about blipping the throttle on the downshifts. She said she's tried it a few times (when I'm not in the car) but doesn't think she's getting it right. Pretty much every set of lights or junctions that I came up to on the way home, I was blipping and changing the cogs.

Now she's keen to try it when I'm in the car. It's a small thing - almost meaningless in the grand scheme of owning a car these days. But it's a benefit to the transmission as a whole and nice, little 'skill' to have, if you know you can pull it off. I'm still more impressed that she asked me about, however! :cool:

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
A lot of people run gearboxes beyond their supposed limit.
True, you can't help but worry about durability when it's exceeding the manufacturers limit though, especially when it's a pretty intricate piece of kit. it's perhaps the reason the Clio makes less torque the Pergeot and Ford offerings.
Actually hoping the recommendation is very reserved, looking at getting a 220t with the hope to get some additional power down the line.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I am going to be a hater here . I dont think that remap was done on a 3155 ECU. I think the ECU has been swapped from a 200EDC and narrowband to the 220EDC and wideband and a bit of wire tweaking.

I personally dont think the encyption and private keys have been hacked. No chance ...

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
Stage 1 remap results on the road

pretty good, 250 bhp and 320 nm from a clio with nothing but a remap, and pulling 0-200 kph in 20 secs is impressive.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Stage 1 remap results on the road

pretty good, 250 bhp and 320 nm from a clio with nothing but a remap, and pulling 0-200 kph in 20 secs is impressive.

Shifts ! Think there will be much more to gain from intake/exhaust mods ? Does anybody know what turbo the 220 uses yet for a realistic max before mega money is required ?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
My understanding is its almost balls out at the minute ..

Be interesting to know if it's got 300 in it, thing would be potent for sure.
Supersprint have said around 10hp from their system so perhaps 260 may be as far as you can take it.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I cant see the 300 barrier being broken on that turbo .

I reckon thats the limit from my reading.

I dunno if mapping it with the correct ECU will yield any mad gains , I suspect not ..