ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 225?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
no, dont think so, if it was straight forward, there would be many examples around imo

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Has any body attempted to stick a megane 225 engine in a clio? and does it fit?

Turbo engine fits. But the Clio's standard gearbox is made of chocolate and won't take the extra torque. And the turbo's gearbox is longer and doesn't fit, well, not without a lot of difficulty. As the previous poster said, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

172 cup'd extreme
The engine fits and the ND0 gearbox also fits, you cant mate a JC series to the big block 8xx series F4R without a bell housing mod.

problem is its not a great engine, turbos are rubbish and the pistons look bad quality, also the manifold is abismally designed the top drivers side engine mount fits but none of the others.

I was going to do the conversion i had the engine and a PK6 box ready but i couldnt justify the cost of fabricating mounts.

My plan was to fit the megane subframe into the clio - much the same as the new clio sport, then use the meganes twin radius suspension set up and clio drive shafts.

then fabricate an upper gearbox mount.

it would have all been controlled by a 700 series omex ecu.

when i added all the costs up and time i decided to use the money to buy a new house