ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 3 rs 200 exhaust smoke and other questions

Clio 3 RS 200
some small questions
a lot more smoke comes out of the right exhaust pipe than the left, the smoke is also quite visible is this normal?
My average fuel consumption is 12L/100km, is this normal?
my front break disks have a large lip at the circumference of the disk, should I get it cut or get new disks?
the car normally shows engine temp at 1/4 of the dial, 1/2 only if I drive very hard is this normal?
The car just hit 130 000km and has had no problems so far.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Smoke isn't normal at all, what colour is the smoke?

fuel consumption isn't the 200's best point. However yours does sound very low (23ish mpg by my math). Maybe related to the smoke?

you probably need a new thermostat. It should sit half way.

Clio 3 RS 200
Smoke isn't normal at all, what colour is the smoke?

fuel consumption isn't the 200's best point. However yours does sound very low (23ish mpg by my math). Maybe related to the smoke?

you probably need a new thermostat. It should sit half way.

Thanks for reply.
I think the smoke was a purpleish colour, will take a photo of it tomorrow.
how much is it going to cost me and is it a easy fix?

Megane 275 trophy006
My temp gauge has always sat at 1/4 (in cold weather) moves to 1/2 when pushing on. In the hot weather lately it sits pretty steadily at half way. Been this way for 4 years and never been an issue for me. It's only an issue if you can't use full rev range once the car had warmed up, which I can.

smoke isn't normal though.

the mpg depends on where your driving. Mines. 197 with an early ratio gearbox and even around town lowest I've seen is 24mpg (traffic a lot of it)

GTD, Lupo
Is it smoke or or condensation coming from the exhaust? When I drove mine from cold first thing in the morning it would sometimes almost steam up the rear window. They do suffer with this a fair bit and it can be mistaken from smoke. Hold your hand over the exhaust and if it is damp then it is just steam.

The temp is fine. The disks sound worn, get someone to measure the thickness of the disk and the lip can be machined off if needed.