ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS VS Fiesta ST EcoBoost

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Dan makes sense. I sincerely hope Renault don't f**k It up with poor electronics etc.
on a side note, saying renault only have to map the gearboxes is still worrying. Ford donated Jaguar ZF boxes, tried and tested but in their effort to smooth it out with their maps they fuckwd it up. Warranty claims left right and centre, and many unhappy customers.

Saying that the Fiesta will sell well wether it's 100 or 180 bhp. They make good little motors generally. Those seats are pony looking though. Used to work at Ford main dealer so might chat them up or a loan on one.
​chris

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Dan makes sense. I sincerely hope Renault don't f**k It up with poor electronics etc.
on a side note, saying renault only have to map the gearboxes is still worrying. Ford donated Jaguar ZF boxes, tried and tested but in their effort to smooth it out with their maps they f**kwd it up. Warranty claims left right and centre, and many unhappy customers.

Saying that the Fiesta will sell well wether it's 100 or 180 bhp. They make good little motors generally. Those seats are pony looking though. Used to work at Ford main dealer so might chat them up or a loan on one.
​chris
t
he seats look similar to that of the focus (only uglier than the focus') and they are super comfy!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
t
he seats look similar to that of the focus (only uglier than the focus') and they are super comfy!

Yeah they are better in the focus. No doubt they are very supportive and comfy, they just look like a power rangers cod peice! ;)

how is the Foci mate?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol ill admit the top part of the seat looks like they forgot how to draw but they're still really comfy :p

​its good. Off for its detail tomorrow. 300mile round trip to take me over 1500miles in total :)

actually having taken a closer look, they look exactly the same as the focus. So should be just as comfy. Mine look better with blue bits though :cool:

If they are the same seats as the Focus they're really really comfortable. The fiesta looks better and is a lot more appealing inside to me, i can imagine the Clio will probably handle better and be quicker round a track etc, the shape of the clio just doesn't appeal to me at all (yet) I didn't like the 200 front end when it first came out but now i love it. I just wish it was 3 door and had a manual box :dapprove:

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Lol ill admit the top part of the seat looks like they forgot how to draw but they're still really comfy :p

​its good. Off for its detail tomorrow. 300mile round trip to take me over 1500miles in total :)

actually having taken a closer look, they look exactly the same as the focus. So should be just as comfy. Mine look better with blue bits though :cool:

Nice mate who's Doug it an what you having done? Make sure you put pics up! ;)
Chris
​DetailMe

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Taking a wild guess here, but I'd say those that prefer the looks of the Fiesta are probably under 30 and those who the look of the CLio is growing on are over 30 ie 5 doors family appeal as apposed to Single or young couple no kids.........
Wasn't happy with the looks of the CLio RS front when I first saw it but it has grown on me (Loved the rear end especially the pronounced rear shoulders)

ff cup ur 200
this
If they are the same seats as the Focus they're really really comfortable. The fiesta looks better and is a lot more appealing inside to me, i can imagine the Clio will probably handle better and be quicker round a track etc, the shape of the clio just doesn't appeal to me at all (yet) I didn't like the 200 front end when it first came out but now i love it. I just wish it was 3 door and had a manual box :dapprove:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Am I the only person in the world that loves the guppy grille? I think it makes the front end mean as! And it really suits the fords.

its a damn site better than having a blue oval the size of France on the front

+1

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It's always a close one for me about colours, I think Ford and Renault are equally as good really... but this, Ford definitely win!

fiesta-st-three-wheels.jpg

36ee0124203cff696c162d0688c8f7f88397712b.jpg

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Ford have gone for a traditional hot hatch recipe. Renault are trying something new, kind of a coupey hatch, Kind of like the RS megane i guess. Change can sometimes be for good. Simply you want old skool get the Ford, otherwise something a little different then it's the garlic powered one. Or maybe sushi powered!?

TTRS & V50
That was an expected turn, after the way this thread started I got the feeling MarkCup was Renault through and through and I touched a nerve. Good decision.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That was an expected turn, after the way this thread started I got the feeling MarkCup was Renault through and through and I touched a nerve. Good decision.

My brand loyalty was causing tunnel vision...never even really considered alternatives.

It seems they want my business though based with what he just came back with. Almost there :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not particularly a fan of the ST, but give me a choice between this and the 200T I'd jump for this. As said before, the Ecoboost engines are superb.

Mark 1 Clio V6
I wouldn't have either.
however gun held to head it would be the Clio (this car will be a belter and I commend Renault for trying to move things on with it, despite the fact that it might alienate previous Clio buyers).
​out of the box the Clio looks like a far better package and will I expect be considerably faster.

Missus has a Fiesta Metal and its a great little car though.
Cannot even come close to liking Ford's gaping fish mouth on the "facelift" though, spoiled a great looking car imo.

I would have a used Megane 250 (with Cup) any day of the week for the same cash.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
IMAG0415_zps84a0ac60.jpg

IMAG0413_zpsc6a1b60b.jpg

IMAG0412_zpsc9f4ca2e.jpg

IMAG0411_zpsfec94d89.jpg

IMAG0410_zpsb4d9b20e.jpg

IMAG0409_zps377663ad.jpg

IMAG0408_zps50c47f2d.jpg

IMAG0407_zps35703eae.jpg

IMAG0406_zpsc682e483.jpg

IMAG0404_zps47a5065e.jpg

Got a test drive in a few weeks, I had the sit down and went through the options, mine comes in at €28.883,70. Honestly I am having second thoughts, only because cars new here are so expensive, the tax is pathetic to be honest. I can get a year old Megane 260 a LOT cheaper. Lovely car though, feels well built for a Clio, seems they now palm off a lot of the work to other companies, the on-board computer is all LG. Feels very strange with two pedals. Visibility over the bonnet was also poor, did not know where the front of the car was..but you get used to that as with any car.

From some angles.. its butt ugly, there are no two ways about it. But on the whole its not as bad as it looks in the pictures, the front actually looks OK in the flesh, rear looks pretty horny!

ff cup ur 200
good on you mark cup i had you down as a renault fanboy a few wks ago to. i think you have made the right choice, enjoy.

Italian 3.2 V6
This Fiesta ST-2 is gona fairly epic but surely the Clio 200T will be even better as usual! Renault always prove everyone wrong with how impressive the RenaultSports are. Tbf Don't think there's been one failure model. They have all been superior to there competition!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Clio is now more refined, its a proper car not a s**t car which you forgive.. Because race car.

I am pretty sure its going to out drive all competitors. People seem to forget the ST is warm hatch, so its soft and down on power compared to the Clio and GTI. Ford tend to make pretty well balanced cars from scratch which is where the press hype has come from. Looks aside im sure the clio will spank it on road tests, dark horse is the GTI.

FYI that piano black stuff in the Clio is likely to end up swirled to s**t. It'll look terrible in sunlight after 6 months. Probably.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Clio is now more refined, its a proper car not a s**t car which you forgive.. Because race car.

I am pretty sure its going to out drive all competitors. People seem to forget the ST is warm hatch, so its soft and down on power compared to the Clio and GTI. Ford tend to make pretty well balanced cars from scratch which is where the press hype has come from. Looks aside im sure the clio will spank it on road tests, dark horse is the GTI.

The ST isn't down on power...it has 200bhp every time you ask for it (unless you're going for a top speed run on an autobahn in which case the over boost time limit of 20 seconds or so would kick in).

Astra SRI/ Hornet
With all this indecision I wonder how many renaultsport clio's they actually sell. I mean when they brought out the 172cup it out sold the ff172 model proving the public wanted fun and affordable price over creature comforts. But Renault have chosen to ignore this and up'd the spec and price every model since and now it's come to this a car no one is looking forward to and now people are turning elsewhere.

1.2 TCE Dynamique S
With all this indecision I wonder how many renaultsport clio's they actually sell. I mean when they brought out the 172cup it out sold the ff172 model proving the public wanted fun and affordable price over creature comforts. But Renault have chosen to ignore this and up'd the spec and price every model since and now it's come to this a car no one is looking forward to and now people are turning elsewhere.

No one is looking forward to? I am, i wouldn't have purchased a Clio sport before this model, 5 door/automatic option is a MASSIVE win. Its all opinions! I wouldn't go for the Ford, i don't like the look or the 3 door. I do however like the way the Clio looks, they have got it spot on in my opinion. Everyone is different.

Lets not forget when the pictures first came out everyone hated it, now the more i read the more "it looks better than in the photo's".

I will make my decision when i have driven it. At the moment its ticking all the boxes i want a car to.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Congrats Mark. Perfect spec. Funnily enough they used to offer Eibachs in the accessory if that was your bag. Not sure they do it anymore.

Also shame they only offer cruise on the Titanium model and can't be retro fitted from my knowledge.

Brilliant stuff though. Any reason they don't offer interior options? On the build your car it's only grey seats.