ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS VS Fiesta ST EcoBoost

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Hang on, is that thing on the last pic a hammer for breaking the window?

IMAG0415_zps84a0ac60.jpg

IMAG0413_zpsc6a1b60b.jpg

IMAG0412_zpsc9f4ca2e.jpg

IMAG0411_zpsfec94d89.jpg

IMAG0410_zpsb4d9b20e.jpg

IMAG0409_zps377663ad.jpg

IMAG0408_zps50c47f2d.jpg

IMAG0407_zps35703eae.jpg

IMAG0406_zpsc682e483.jpg

IMAG0404_zps47a5065e.jpg

Got a test drive in a few weeks, I had the sit down and went through the options, mine comes in at €28.883,70. Honestly I am having second thoughts, only because cars new here are so expensive, the tax is pathetic to be honest. I can get a year old Megane 260 a LOT cheaper. Lovely car though, feels well built for a Clio, seems they now palm off a lot of the work to other companies, the on-board computer is all LG. Feels very strange with two pedals. Visibility over the bonnet was also poor, did not know where the front of the car was..but you get used to that as with any car.

From some angles.. its butt ugly, there are no two ways about it. But on the whole its not as bad as it looks in the pictures, the front actually looks OK in the flesh, rear looks pretty horny!

Otter otter gash IMO.

Theres no hiding that front end.

Nothing ATM :(
is the boot slightly ajar in those pics? It doesn't seem aligned properly.

The seats in those pics look underwhelming too, they look very similar to my old 206, not particularly sporty.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
No one is looking forward to? I am, i wouldn't have purchased a Clio sport before this model, 5 door/automatic option is a MASSIVE win. Its all opinions! I wouldn't go for the Ford, i don't like the look or the 3 door. I do however like the way the Clio looks, they have got it spot on in my opinion. Everyone is different.

Lets not forget when the pictures first came out everyone hated it, now the more i read the more "it looks better than in the photo's".

I will make my decision when i have driven it. At the moment its ticking all the boxes i want a car to.

Well you obviously arnt a driving enthusiast as the best Renault sports have been and gone. But by means enjoy your watered down expensive warm hatch.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Congrats Mark. Perfect spec. Funnily enough they used to offer Eibachs in the accessory if that was your bag. Not sure they do it anymore.

Also shame they only offer cruise on the Titanium model and can't be retro fitted from my knowledge.

Brilliant stuff though. Any reason they don't offer interior options? On the build your car it's only grey seats.

I thought that but out seems orange seats is an option on all ST-2s, regardless of colour. When I found that out I did consider going black instead of blue and having the orange interior, then my accountant instincts kicked in and I thought of resale 100k miles down the line.

As for mods, I know exactly what I want. None.

Except maybe a simple tweak to the map once it's got a few miles and months under its belt.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good man. Yeah i've seen the Red seats in the Red cars. Interesting.

Special edition full leather to come no doubt.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Well you obviously arnt a driving enthusiast as the best Renault sports have been and gone. But by means enjoy your watered down expensive warm hatch.

And without driving one i think you're a bit stoopid.

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
And without driving one i think your a bit stoopid.

I don't need to drive one. Flappy paddle gears? Do not want. 5 doors? Do not want. A car that weighs the same as the titanic? Do not want. A Renault that costs £19,000? Do not want. So why would I need to drive one when I know I don't want any of these things? So not stupid at all.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not slightly lighter than the current 200?

good choice though mark, the fiesta is certainly the nicer looking of the two in my opinion

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I don't need to drive one. Flappy paddle gears? Do not want. 5 doors? Do not want. A car that weighs the same as the titanic? Do not want. A Renault that costs £19,000? Do not want. So why would I need to drive one when I know I don't want any of these things? So not stupid at all.

Well my friend, your mission to make yourself sound like an under educated oik was a success. Its lighter.. and faster than every 4cyl Clio that's gone before it, both 0-60 and round a track. Yes, its a bit ugly, and yes its got 5 doors and yes Renault have decided to tone it down in the race car looks dept, but one thing its still got is its RS dna!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The cruise control button seems in a nice position to cause quite a large accident! If it is indeed cruise!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well my friend, your mission to make yourself sound like an under educated oik was a success. Its lighter.. and faster than every 4cyl Clio that's gone before it, both 0-60 and round a track. Yes, its a bit ugly, and yes its got 5 doors and yes Renault have decided to tone it down in the race car looks dept, but one thing its still got is its RS dna!

Where did I say it wasn't faster? A 3 litre automatic jag is probs faster than any Clio but is it as fun to throw around a B road? No.

can you not handle an opinion that differs to yours or something? And you've just admitted that you want a car that's ugly? Why?

and Roy. You crash one car 4 years ago and you get a rep. Lol

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
The build quality has improved quite a lot over previous models, however its still typical french, there are some choice materials that's for sure. Fit and finish will never be a french strong point in my opinion and in a few years this will rattle just as much as a Ph1.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Where did I say it wasn't faster? A 3 litre automatic jag is probs faster than any Clio but is it as fun to throw around a B road? No.

can you not handle an opinion that differs to yours or something? And you've just admitted that you want a car that's ugly? Why?

No, the car is flawed. But your opinion of how it drives is based on ZERO facts. You have not driven it. Harris who has says it drives spot on. If you drive it, come back and tell me its s**t, then fair play to you chap.

An as to why I want it? I bought a Ph1 over here as I don't use the car much, its been to the local track (zandvoort) several times and the ring once in the year I owned it. Now i do more miles (new job). So I want something that don't stand out and that the Mrs is not offended by. Yet, I know I will still do a few track-days and so want something that i know will handle, and to be honest, the box excites me. That and the fact that in the USA the engine is already running over 300BHP with a few simple mods such as intake/cooling, exhaust and remap.

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The cruise control button seems in a nice position to cause quite a large accident! If it is indeed cruise!

Potentially better than the current position. I accidentally turned it on mid-corner on the way to work today.

Actually, it's jus the upper/lower limit selector, the button thats next to ESP switch on the 182.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
No, the car is flawed. But your opinion of how it drives is based on ZERO facts. You have not driven it. Harris who has says it drives spot on. If you drive it, come back and tell me its s**t, then fair play to you chap.

Tbh I dont care how it drives. It fails IMO before I've even got in one. I've had my 4 years of cliosports and now they have gone in a different direction and so have I. Now it 2 wheels>4 wheels.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Tbh I dont care how it drives. It fails IMO before I've even got in one. I've had my 4 years of cliosports and now they have gone in a different direction and so have I. Now it 2 wheels>4 wheels.

Dude, you drive a f**king Astra SRI..

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one mark. Just got out of the focus after a 300 mile round trip. Loved every Minute of it. Ford has really won me over with these new st's

Astra SRI/ Hornet
​ According to you everything, that is after all what I want the Clio for!

No you want the Clio to be your ONLY car. I have an astra to drive when it rains then I jump onto a bike. I was in no way comparing a 2002 astra to a 2013 Clio rs. Lol although I bet they're both equally unimpressive.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I would imagine it's at least loosely baed on the fact that the majority of buyers will use the new Clio as a daily, and not a WRC car?

They will use it as a do everything car be it go to work or a fast drive or even a track. A daily term is usually used for just the boring stuff not any of the fun stuff. Believe me there's none of that in an astra.