ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 RS VS Fiesta ST EcoBoost

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Don't think repost...

Nice vid, to be fair it looks pretty competent, think it sounds nicer than the Clio in the cabin. Really, really looking forward to seeing a back to back comparison from someone like Harris. I still think the Peugeot will be a dark horse, from what I have heard its the best thing to don a GTI badge in a long time. Alas, its never going to be as raw as cars we know and love from years gone by, the market, rules and regs just don't allow this anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.2 TCE Dynamique S
Well you obviously arnt a driving enthusiast as the best Renault sports have been and gone. But by means enjoy your watered down expensive warm hatch.

LOL.

I give up. If i buy one i will be SO upset I'm not in a driving enthusiasts car as i sit in traffic in london and go over speed bumps on the way to work. HOW DARE Renault make a car easier to live with day by day. Those cretins. I haven't even driven one yet so it might well be awful. You haven't either so it might be great.

Something that might help:

o·pin·ion

/əˈpinyən/

1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
It's between the 208 and the ST for me if I decide to plump for a new motor. Really on the fence with both - test drives required.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
None of them are as pretty as the old skool version! Clio Williams, 205 GTi and Fiesta RS Turbo, that's what it's all about :)

However this generation I'd have to say the 208 GTi looks the best... I think the Clio 200T is okay looking but 5 doors just ruins it. The fiesta is a good package all round but the front of the post-FL is just so damn ugly, wish they'd released the ST on a pre-FL.

Then again, I think Vauxhall have it covered styling wise tbh, the Corsa VXR Nurburgring looking better than all the above, and the new Astra VXR for it's class too.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
None of them are as pretty as the old skool version! Clio Williams, 205 GTi and Fiesta RS Turbo,

Fiesta? LOL - Nooooooo. Horrid looking little boxes. The Nova looked great, R5 GTT, Samba Rallye, 106 Rallye S1... but we are now talking 2013. It's all moved on.

Safety is paramount and I cannot call the ST Post FL "Ugly". Come on - it looks fantastic :)

​Corsa VXR looks too "Scalextrix" for me, too plastic and "moulded".

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Fiesta? LOL - Nooooooo. Horrid looking little boxes. The Nova looked great, R5 GTT, Samba Rallye, 106 Rallye S1... but we are now talking 2013. It's all moved on.

Safety is paramount and I cannot call the ST Post FL "Ugly". Come on - it looks fantastic :)

​Corsa VXR looks too "Scalextrix" for me, too plastic and "moulded".

This man loves his french cars!! This forum makes me laugh sometimes, why people pay money to join then just rip Renault for trying to make a Golf (one car for all men) is beyond me.

Clio 172
This thread is great reading. But ffs don't have a difference of opinion on one of the cars as thats not allowed and whoever does have an opinion has to have it changed as they are wrong. Brilliant.

225 Cup & Williams
What I find most amusing is folk saying the new 200T is crap and the fiesta is going to hand it it's own arse etc when nearly nobody had seen the new 200T in the flesh let along drive the thing ffs.

I don't see how people can have an opinion on the drive of a car without driving it? Baffles me tbh.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
LOL.

I give up. If i buy one i will be SO upset I'm not in a driving enthusiasts car as i sit in traffic in london and go over speed bumps on the way to work. HOW DARE Renault make a car easier to live with day by day. Those cretins. I haven't even driven one yet so it might well be awful. You haven't either so it might be great.

Something that might help:

o·pin·ion

/əˈpinyən/

1. A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

How do you know they're better day to day? Just as you highligted th definition of opinion so I'm guessing you have ran one day to day have you?
And both my 172/182 never had one issue in 4 years of abuse an returned 45mpg easily and I personally don't find changing gear with a stick a chore. Now research renaultsport latest build quality issues and 26mpg in a Clio is laughable. But you enjoy it mate.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
This man loves his french cars!! This forum makes me laugh sometimes, why people pay money to join then just rip Renault for trying to make a Golf (one car for all men) is beyond me.

Erm... no, I joined the forum as I bought a Brand new Clio 200 in 2010!?

​I don't like the 200T. Front End + Auto + 5 doors are all negatives for me.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Erm... no, I joined the forum as I bought a Brand new Clio 200 in 2010!?

​I don't like the 200T. Front End + Auto + 5 doors are all negatives for me.

Sorry man, you confused me, the comment about french cars was aimed at you, the rest not. I think i know you from the 205 gti forum and you named some epic french cars in your post. The comment about people slating the clio so hard was aimed at others, not you.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I paid to join because I like 182's, doesn't mean I have to automatically like every other car Renault makes as well.

The way I see it is that the new RS is a different car for different people. I don't suppose that makes it a worse car, but it does mean that it doesn't appeal to me.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I'm just sick of people stating facts like "its not a true RS, it don't handle well" when none of us have driven it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm tempted towards the ST because of price. Only reason TBH.

I'm just sick of people stating facts like "its not a true RS, it don't handle well" when none of us have driven it.

Oh I agree with you, but people from the internet do it all the time. I imagine 75% of the bulls**t spouted about cars online is based on nothing more than idle speculation.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
My 330d would rip a new arse hole out of all them tbh. Even with my heated leather seats on level 3. BOOM!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Sorry man, you confused me, the comment about french cars was aimed at you, the rest not. I think i know you from the 205 gti forum and you named some epic french cars in your post. The comment about people slating the clio so hard was aimed at others, not you.

Yarp - been on a few pug sites with the same name, had several 205 GTi's and 306's :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Nice vid, to be fair it looks pretty competent, think it sounds nicer than the Clio in the cabin. Really, really looking forward to seeing a back to back comparison from someone like Harris. I still think the Peugeot will be a dark horse, from what I have heard its the best thing to don a GTI badge in a long time. Alas, its never going to be as raw as cars we know and love from years gone by, the market, rules and regs just don't allow this anymore.

I know the lad driving that. Nice bloke, won a scholorship with Pug sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
Interesting: http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27630 Reading between the lines, i think when the proper test comes out, the Clio RS will have lost its crown.

i can relate to that having had a 205gti as my first car and loving it to the feeling I get with new cars and there's something definitely missing. The 172cup I had was the closest I've been to the 205 but now cars are even making the 172 look hardcore. But younger people might not be able to understand why cos its all they're used to.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't look that bad in White...

HarrisFiestaSTBurn_06-L.jpg

HarrisFiestaSTBurn_05-L.jpg

Oh and £125 a year Road Tax and reported 35mpg+ so far from owners. Oh it's certainly staking a claim.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
35mpg? Pah. I'll see 50+ when I get hold of mine, guaranteed ;)

Been looking at map options...seems there's going to be a nice power/torque uplift available from a simple map tweak for not much money. Nice.

Nissan 350z
Is comparing the Clio to the Fiesta even fair anymore? I mean afterall the Clio is now trying to be more like the Megane, and the Twingo is technically the Clio in the range now surely?

(edit) nvm scratch that. I guess comparing the 2 manufactures would mean the KA is the Twingo rival.

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, i look forwards to the spreadsheets in earnest ;)

They're setup, poised, and ready to be populated.

No doubt I'll come up with several hundred different ways of analysing the data before delivery (which frustratingly looks like it'll be September 1st as deliveries are being held up due to a front brake caliper issue).