ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4RS guesstimate prices (almost) released...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Re: Clio 4RS prices released...

No one understands inflation or pound vs euro blah blah blah.

Plus the price hasn't even been announced!

fiesta st ;)
manual
tunable with warranty
3dr or 5dr by the sound of it

rename this site to fiestasport.net
Ford-Fiesta-ST-Geneva-20121.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I can honestly say the Corsa VXR has never bothered me before but even im interested in that, especially when you see it includes road tax + Servicing! :eek:

The "catch" if you can call it that (why I dont get one anyway) is it only allows 6K miles a year, I do 30-40 ish

The "catch" if you can call it that (why I dont get one anyway) is it only allows 6K miles a year, I do 30-40 ish

doesnt the typical chav only go to maccy d's so the mileage limit wont be a problem ;)

or it will be broken in vauxhall stealer :lolup:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

No one understands inflation or pound vs euro blah blah blah.

Plus the price hasn't even been announced!

Pah, you would make a rubbish daily mail journalist with all these "facts" you keep worrying about related to the story.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The first time it laps Cadwell quicker than a 200RS, it will become the next must have fact.

If the auto is a 'proper sports' auto as in will hang on to the gear & allow driver to dictate change, what's not to like?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Of course it will allow the driver to change when required. It's not an 90's slushbox it's still a sports flappy paddle box.

The front of the Fiesta isn't great yet still looks much more appealing at the moment and that's not even in the best colour Blue.

What will be will be, maybe just dropped the ball slightly.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^talking about holding it almost in the red without it grabbing the next gear, for trackdays etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It will stay in the Red. Bouncing off the limiter you would want to change.

I have a lit of different options on my box. It also learns as you go if using it in full auto. Change points etc. i use manual a lot.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Seeing as Renault sales were down 40% last year they would be mad to market them at circa 20k.

Isn't the Megane around 22-24k as well?

Im trying really hard to like it but I just can't.

Small hatchbacks look stupid with 5 doors, I don't care if Renault have tried to make it look like it isn't there with the hidden handle.

It's not even small anymore but still...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think it was always going to be a bigger car tbh. Newer cars = more airbags, more sound deadening, more toys = bigger car.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Im trying really hard to like it but I just can't.

Small hatchbacks look stupid with 5 doors, I don't care if Renault have tried to make it look like it isn't there with the hidden handle.

It's not even small anymore but still...

Very true indeed

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The bumper is so weak looking. It's thin with no real width or depth to shout hot hatch.

It doesn't look like a flagship car.

Am I right in saying they're using the standard front wings? I think that was a massive mistake, removes options to beef it up.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can understand the 5 doors. I can understand the 1.6 T engine. I can even understand the need for pony add ons like gloss interior trims and DRL's...

But What on earth are they expecting to achieve by offering flappy paddles only??

Last year, they were pushing new car customers to take their RS's on track. Who chooses to go on track in an auto??

I know i'm banging on and on, I've replied in every mk4 clio thread going, but I cannot understand what they're trying to achieve.

(I love the look of that silver one ^^ up there, looks lovely! lol)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No rush big guy. Wrote it on the phone so had no idea whether it actually went or not!

Anyway back to this. Dan would you accept any argument that supercars do just fine with flappy paddles. They are drivers cars. Or am I being silly?

What i'm trying to say is the chassis and steering would have to be the best ever made for you to forgive the paddle idea.

In other words the supercars get away with it because they are so good.

Personally in this day and age it's going to be very difficult to get back to that Trophy, 205 feel. It'll continue to go the other way as you know.

In saying that the 200/197 were both good drives and both still modern per se.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just don't see the need for them in a hot hatch. A big cruiser like a BMW, yes. A Big 5.0 V10 in a lambo, yes. But in a 1.6 Clio?? It's hardly going to have an extremely heavy clutch is it! Some cars, your TT for example, are better suited to an auto. But again, I can't see how a clio 1.6 is. The same as a 1.8T Audi TT is better with a manual box. The 3.2 is better with the DSG.

Let's not forget that Renault Automatics have ALWAYS been problematic!!

Fair enough if Renault wanted to try this option, but why not offer a manual box for normal people?? I just don't get it.