ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4RS guesstimate prices (almost) released...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Re: Clio 4RS prices released...

20-22k is about right. Same price as a corsa VXR which really is its direct rival. However still don't like the look of it!

Nail on head there.

The corsa manages to sell (on finance almost exclusively I believe) at an equally silly price, so I am sure the clio will do too if renault get the finance options right (ie price it based on unrealistic residuals or do interest only)

I quite like the look of the yellow one that keeps getting posted, its not in your face about being a 5 door at least.

I still wont be buying though as I hate financing cars and sod spending that much money outright on a clio who's value is going to fall as quickly as if you put half the money on a fire.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Difference is the facelift VXR although chavvy a little it looks like a proper little hot hatch. This doesn't.

Young guys with finance to burn, 5 door Clio or chavvy looking VXR?

Oh just ask yourself how many Corsa Vxrs are on the road compared with 197/200. We are actually a unique bunch and a small minority so to speak. As are many petrolheads.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

If renault get the colours right (LY being a good start) I think it will manage to look chavvy enough.

Plus like previous models looking slightly more subtle will make it easier for teenagers to talk their mum into getting one, lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Lols! Cutting!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I must admit, at first when i read about it i didn't think 20k was alot for a modern hot-hatch.

Now i think thats quite possibly a rip off. I think they should have been aiming not only to better its rival's but to offer them cheaper. That is how a successful buisness works isn't it?

I am rather dissapointed!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I must admit, at first when i read about it i didn't think 20k was alot for a modern hot-hatch.

Now i think thats quite possibly a rip off. I think they should have been aiming not only to better its rival's but to offer them cheaper. That is how a successful buisness works isn't it?

A business works by selling items at a price they can make a profit on, I suspect if they sold these at 15K a go they would be losing money hand over first.

Anyway, its the "price per month" that will determine if it sells well IMHO like mentioned previously they will almost all be bought on finance so the actual price being high can just be part of a way of making the finance look like a better deal as renault uk will have more spare money to subsidise renault finance with etc.

I think its priced correctly to make them money TBH.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

A business works by selling items at a price they can make a profit on, I suspect if they sold these at 15K a go they would be losing money hand over first.

I didn't mean that cheap, £1000-1200 less, is more than enough to sway someone.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Clio 4RS prices released...

Doesn't it come standard with an auto box? That's going to cost a bit isn't it?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

My feeling is it needs to be sub 20k before options, but I do see your point about finance chip.

They need to be knocking it out with this sort of deal on lease I reckon, thats how a hell of a lot of corsas are out there I would think:
http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/offers-finance/cars_offers/new_corsa/personal_lease.html
Offers_Personal_Lease_Corsa_3dr_VXR.jpg

Then it will sell, irrelevant of what the screen price is.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Guys, these are Belgium prices, not UK prices. They won't be released until February, so i think the PH article title is a little bit mis-leading. It depends what options and trim levels the UK decide to take as to how much it will be. It gives a rough indication I suppose but take with a pinch of salt. Renault know what the UK market is prepared to pay for such a car; they don't just pluck the prices out of thin air.

Also bare in mind the EDC gearbox, as others have mentioned. They aren't cheap.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

The gearbox/Clutch etc must cost a fair chunk of that 5k.

My thoughts exactly.

As a comparison how much do VW charge for adding a DSG 'box to one of their cars over the manual version?

Answered this myself - circa £1,500 including VAT.

So take that away from £21k for a more comparable price to the outgoing model and/or its rivals.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Answered this myself - circa £1,500 including VAT.

Even that has come down, shows the way the world is going sadly.

I think how the box works on the new model will have as big an impact on how it sells as the engine will, if not more in fact!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Clio 4RS prices released...

It is more tuneable too. So there's more money being thrown at it too on top of the initial sale price, whatever that price may be.

clio 182 sport

Guys, these are Belgium prices, not UK prices. They won't be released until February, so i think the PH article title is a little bit mis-leading. It depends what options and trim levels the UK decide to take as to how much it will be. It gives a rough indication I suppose but take with a pinch of salt. Renault know what the UK market is prepared to pay for such a car; they don't just pluck the prices out of thin air.

Also bare in mind the EDC gearbox, as others have mentioned. They aren't cheap.

Most people want a proper manual gear box tho ........ and people will be put off by this.

And also people arent goin to be happy about this only bein available as a 5 door.

IMO they have proper fucked this one up, i would take a corsa vxr over this anyday ............ actually if i had 20k i would be buying a used focus RS ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

They certainly arent going to shift many if the advert looks like this:

For sale:

Renault Clio
5 doors
auto

22,000 pounds

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Most people want a proper manual gear box tho ........ and people will be put off by this.

And also people arent goin to be happy about this only bein available as a 5 door.

IMO they have proper f**ked this one up, i would take a corsa vxr over this anyday ............ actually if i had 20k i would be buying a used focus RS ;)

See this is the point. A few people on a Clio forum aren't 'most people' though. My mum for example wants one on the basis it's an edc and a 5 door. I'm not disregarding your point though, i'd like to see it in a manual as well, but I fear that people are completely discounting it before seeing it/reading varied reviews on it/ driven it.

Until they're out in June, it's all speculation to a degree.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah most people aren't petrolheads. Something I mentioned a while ago. We're in the minority but don't realise it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

HANG ON.

The RS version will be auto only?

Surely CS members actually make up a fair % of new RS Clio's purchased in the Uk at least?

clio 182 sport

Yeah most people aren't petrolheads. Something I mentioned a while ago. We're in the minority but don't realise it.

But the RS version should be aimed at the petrol head?? :/

Or am i missing something.

there dci should be the one the only comes in 5 door with auto box.

clio 182 sport

They certainly arent going to shift many if the advert looks like this:

For sale:

Renault Clio
5 doors
auto

22,000 pounds

LOL ...... made me laugh. I can safely say i dont want one. ever ....

Nissan 350z

They need to be knocking it out with this sort of deal on lease I reckon, thats how a hell of a lot of corsas are out there I would think:
http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/offers-finance/cars_offers/new_corsa/personal_lease.html
Offers_Personal_Lease_Corsa_3dr_VXR.jpg

Then it will sell, irrelevant of what the screen price is.

I can honestly say the Corsa VXR has never bothered me before but even im interested in that, especially when you see it includes road tax + Servicing! :eek:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

I spoke to a chap as Renault UK who said most of the Renault Sport vehicles end up in the UK we are the biggest buyers of them like 75% or something silly.

The fact the RS will be a Auto is madness to me (which is what I meant in my earlier post about Renault changing the market in which they appeal to). I don't like VXR's but I'd have one over the new clio on the looks basis alone!

n2x

e60/f10

The shiny parts on the dashboard in C4 looks very cheap, auto gearbox will suck balls too. Other than that, i´d have a go in it. They cancelled the Megane production too(maybe because the Clio is getting too powerful and they are gonna aim for 300bhp on the Megane RS?)

CBR1000RR Fireblade

22k is silly money for a Clio IMO, especially seen as it will be worth a quarter of that in 4 years time no doubt.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Well I reckon if the finance deal is anything similar to the Corsa one or the previous Clio 200 one then it will still sell very well regardless of 5door or EDC box.

I myself would "prefer" to see a manual but some of my friends couldn't care less even though they are into cars as such. As long as it looks quite good and is quick enough they would go out and sign on the dotted line tomorrow.