ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio as a first.

DCi 100
Hey guys,

17 very shortly, learning to drive atm etc. Now I'm looking at a clio, but I'm not too sure what I'm looking at. I voted off the saxo/106/corsa C because of shizzleness.

Anyone have any recommendations between dynamique/authentique (sp) and the other models from the lower end of the range engine wise, for obviously, insurance purposes.

Found this:
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=51

V

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=02

Not quite ready for buying yet, but acouple of months time. Sorry if you guys see this as pointless, but would be good to get some knowledge from people who know best, the people that own them :)

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
I recently got a clio as my first car and is a great lil first car. Go for a billabong, extreme or dynamic. All of much the same (as far as i know)

ST
Ideal first cars mate..

My old dynamique which was my first car:

Picture092.jpg

Picture091.jpg

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
i had a ph1 Clio 1.2 as a first car, i had a quite a few problems with it now and agen and then i sadly wrote it off, but im looking for a ph2 as my next car heard hardly anything goes wrong on them compared to ph1's

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
My first and current car is a 2005 54 plate, 1.2 16v Extreme 3.
Great car... now I want a 172/182 but can't afford insurance lol

Was a 197
Dynamique's are well spec'd alloys, electric windows, auto headlights, rain sensitive wipers, sunroof and/or aircon, sporty interior and sporty looking exterior, very easy to fix/fit stuff yourself if ur into that,

had one as a previous car in blue, never put a foot wrong apart from the aux belt keep on snapping, but that was due to when i did an oil change on it. I broken 3 oil filter removal tools tryin to get it off so oil went everywhere and some ended up on the pulleys as i later found out!!

3 Series touring
go for the dymaique mate, i got an expression, love it to bits, but you just get the feeling ESPECIALLY with the interior...that a dymanique would have been better...

DCi 100
Ideal first cars mate..

My old dynamique which was my first car:

No irony in it having billabong stickers on the rear quarter panels ? :p

Looks gorgeous non of the less, what % tints are they if you don't mind me asking?

I got a Dynamique for my first car, see here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=415573

Excellent little cars, still happy with mine! If you're going down the modifying route then it probably doesn't amtter what trim you get it in, but Dynamiques look a lot better than the other models as standard.

Fwarr, exactly how I'd like it, except with some chrono's instead of the renault rims perhaps :) Hard to find/locate the full set of sport body parts? I'm guessing about 400/500 quid for a spray on them all unless you found them black.

Thanks for the replies everyone, I was shocked there was so many when I came to view the thread!

Aim for the Dynamique and don't be persuaded by anyone.

Imma do that one :hail:

Clio 1.2 16v Extreme
I got a Dynamique for my first car, see here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=415573

Excellent little cars, still happy with mine! If you're going down the modifying route then it probably doesn't amtter what trim you get it in, but Dynamiques look a lot better than the other models as standard.

just wondering, what are the differences between the dynamique and extreme? lol

as far as i can see the only thing making mine an extreme are some barcode stickers and barcode style seats:S haha..

mike

172 cup
1.gif

My first one when I was 17, only an authentique tho! Loved it to bits. Missed not havin air con etc tho.

Clio 1.2 16v Extreme
just wondering, what are the differences between the dynamique and extreme? lol

as far as i can see the only thing making mine an extreme are some barcode stickers and barcode style seats:S haha..

mike

the dynamique has air con and the extreme doesnt?.. is there anything else except different seat trims etc

Complelty different interior trim, looks much better than the expressions, also get split rear headrests.

As for the extreme, I know the 2's get a dodgy red interior, fog lights but no rear spoiler and don't get colour matched wing mirror caps.

Dynamique's are well spec'd alloys, electric windows, auto headlights, rain sensitive wipers, sunroof and/or aircon, sporty interior and sporty looking exterior, very easy to fix/fit stuff yourself if ur into that,
does the extreme 2 have rain sensitive wipers??

and id say get an extreme 2, the interior looks mint imo, and mine is pretty nippy for a 1.2

120d M Sport
I have a 1.2 dynamique as my first car and I honestly think there are few better first cars out there for the money.

Photo231.jpg

Make sure if its over 5 years old or over 72k miles that it has had its timing belt service though as thats quite costly.

Also just to clear up, the dynamiques are very well specc'd. Most have a/c, all have electric windows, auto wipers, auto lights, a useful trip computer, alloys, upgraded seats and a sunroof which isnt bad going really.

320d
why what does the dynamique have inside that the expression doesnt?

Good seats for a start.

I can't see why your recommending he gets an expression when a dyanmique is hardly any more expensive yet has extra features such as the seats, body coloured mirrors etc.

Its a spec up for a reason.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Good seats for a start.

I can't see why your recommending he gets an expression when a dyanmique is hardly any more expensive yet has extra features such as the seats, body coloured mirrors etc.

Its a spec up for a reason.
cos i have one maybe. pics of these better seats pls?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Defintly go for a Dynamique. It isn't classed as the highest non-RS spec for nothing.

Both the interior and exterior (standard) are massive improvements over authentiques and expressions etc.

DCi 100
Cheers for replies everyone, dynamique I shall aim for.

Doubt it will be 03/04 plate as mentioned above though :(