ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio at night (first proper attempt at shooting in the dark)

Not come out too badly I think :). Was on my way back from a mate's and decided to stop off for a few shots - was too late to catch the sun setting in the background, but the ones I did get worked out reasonably well. And they're also the first pics I've taken of my Clio on H&Rs.

Clicky

Couple of my favs:
15-09-06Blacknesspic10.gif

15-09-06Blacknesspic3.gif

Taken using my old Canon IXUS 4.0MP and a cheap tripod from Aldi :eek:

Any comments welcomed
Ally

Cheers for the comments. I'm considering upgrading to a cheap D-SLR camera (something like a Nikon D50), but when i see the pics that my wee compact digital can pull off I'm never sure I can justify it.

Well spotted John :D. Blackness is just a wee village on the south side of the River Forth, about 10 miles west of Edinburgh. Just a brilliant location for pics as the sun sets in th perfect location over the water, it's usually quiet without any neds disrupting you, plus there's a lot of industry at Rosyth on the other side of the river that's good for background.

TBH with pics like this it's less about the car, more about the surroundings :)

R

Rebecca

OOh pretty piccies. Always did like your car. Can't wait to see her again. :D

Alan said:
Spermtastic pics mate....love your car!!
Swap ya!? Still to fix my scratches mate, I'll be in touch soon after.

Rebecca said:
OOh pretty piccies. Always did like your car. Can't wait to see her again. :D
Car's are always female, aren't they? Is that because cars can be temperamental too? [runs and hides] ;). Got that splitter fitter that Dave squeezed into the car for the Easter trip, plus I've copied him with the suspension too I'm afraid...

Cheers, the camera was a Canon IXUS II 4.0MP that I paid £180 for about 3 years ago. I'm impressed with it, but fancy a D-SLR like a Nikon D50 or similar.

I'd parked up under a street light which gives the nice orangy ambient light. Worked a treat. Makes it look like I've got tints but I haven't...

ST
Ally said:
Swap ya!? Still to fix my scratches mate, I'll be in touch soon after.

Car's are always female, aren't they? Is that because cars can be temperamental too? [runs and hides] ;). Got that splitter fitter that Dave squeezed into the car for the Easter trip, plus I've copied him with the suspension too I'm afraid...

No probs mate jus let me know...

Al.

S Garbett said:
Great Pics and Location!!! Where were those pictures taken?
Here!

Only about a 15 minute blast from the house along some tasty B-roads mainly, perfect.

Al - cheers, might be getting my father-in-law to do the touching up this weekend but my protective film ain't here yet :(

muz

big fat japanese bus
Ally said:
Here!

Only about a 15 minute blast from the house along some tasty B-roads mainly, perfect.

Al - cheers, might be getting my father-in-law to do the touching me up this weekend but my protective glove ain't here yet :(

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!