ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Bonnet catch

2004 Renault Clio
Hello folks!

Hope you all doing well.
A couple of days ago, i was doing basic maintentence on the car when i tried to close the bonnet, which is where i encountered a problem. The bonnet wouldn't close down, it kept bouncing up. The lock works fine but the main catch wouldn't do its job anymore. Soaked it in WD-40, gave it some motivation with a hammer but no luck.
I need to replace the catch but i want to check here first on the recommendations on where to get and which part i will need to buy to replace the catch?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Dan

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Speak to your local Renault dealer to.see if it is has had a catch under recall before. If not, they'll do one for free.

2004 Renault Clio
Contacted both the nearest dealer and Renault themselves. They will not replace it for free as some did get. Recommendations?

clio 182 trophy
Contacted both the nearest dealer and Renault themselves. They will not replace it for free as some did get. Recommendations?

Call Renault UK and ask for a recall letter to be issued. When they issue one on the system then call back your local Renault. Get them to confirm the repair (they will phone Renault UK) and it will be done for free. I had the same problem. Use WD40 and spray a lot all in the mechanism and it should be good. Keep pulling the lever out and spraying inside by the spring. I misplaced my letter and this was fine. New catch fitted and job done.

clio 172
I don't know if I have been suckered by Renault however I took mine into Bristol for the catch failure and had to pay.

They checked the system and couldn't find the reg. They found the car using the chassis number and advised me my chassis was not part of the recall. (Only affected certain chassis they said). At the time I thought nothing of it but I cant help but feel Clio's from 2002 - 2005 seem identical!

They charged me £80 for the catch plus fitting. :(

I've got a basically brand new catch for sale if that's of any interest to you? Had it replaced as mine was sticky but then pretty much went straight to aero catches.

2004 Renault Clio
I checked with Renault UK, they said that my reg is not on the recall list. I bought the mechanism online, I had experience with clios in the past so i'll replace it myself saving myself £80!