ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio central locking issue

Hi all
First time poster and complete novice when it comes to cars other than driving one I'm clueless so please bear with me...

I locked my 04 Clio today using the central locking but on the key and there was a terrible grinding noise, which I traced to the boot.

Both doors lock fine but the boot doesn't(obviously related to the grinding noise). I know I'll likely have to take to a garage if I want repairing but I was wondering if there is any way of manually locking the boot just for security in the meantime as it is otherwise left unlocked constantly...

Thanks in advance for your help/advice guys.

Stuart

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Pretty sure not.

The boot solonoid sounds like it's knakered. New part, cheap enough and job done.

Depending on where you park try and reverse close to another car or wall etc so no access to the boot.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh , I wouldn't worry too much about the security side of things . I would imagine someone who wants to steal a car would always try the drivers/ passenger door . If they find them locked I doubt very much they'll think " I know , I'll see if the boots unlocked ". But obviously , it needs fixing sooner rather than later .
As imprezzaworks says , sounds like the boot solonoid is cream crackered .

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
As said it sounds like the boot solenoid given up. Dead simple to change - don't take it to a garage as they will rob you. Where are you? I have a couple of solenoid here.