ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cleaning

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

What are the views on cleaning stuff for the Clio? Ive used Auto Glym stuff for years and found that its bloody good and the shine lasts for quite some time afterwards. Especially if you use the additional polish once its dried.

Any suggestions for good-non abrasive wheel cleaning fluid as well?

Cheers,

D.

top ones used here are meguairs, zymol and mothers, i think a few use swissol too. Get a decent jetwasher a lambswool mitt (never a sponge) and two buckets (one for solution the other clear water to rinse the mitt between washes)

IIRC they do but failing that the likes of megauirs sell them on their online shops. i ordered a few things from them and they turned up within a couple of days despite saying allow 28 days for delivery.

I agree with all of the below!!

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 12 January 2005

top ones used here are meguairs, zymol and mothers, i think a few use swissol too. Get a decent jetwasher a lambswool mitt (never a sponge) and two buckets (one for solution the other clear water to rinse the mitt between washes)

Pardon my ignorance, but why should i not use a sponge to clean a car? i replace a sponge every 3-5 washes,? does this induce scratches or is a sponge to hard a compound to use?

sponge os too hard grit sits on the surface the mitts take the grit away from the surface so it doesnt scratch/reduces the chance of scratching the clearcoat.

ok

cheers very much for that, ill buy a whole new cleaning kit when i get my clio then as i dont like little scrtaches one bit

:)

106 GTi

As for a good non acidic/abrassive cleaner for your wheels. Autoglym engne and machine cleaner/ or moorcycle cleaner do a great job without acids to harm your wheels.

Alex does some really good products

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Serious Performance

and offers CS discount