ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio & Corsa

172 Cup
I've put this one in an older thread but I think it's worth posting again:

However I would simply invest in a new sticker to piss him off to no end, something on the lines of "I don't race s*****x corsa's"

Something tells me their going like f**k with the flapping wipers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So in video above. Which car is the one being filmed from????

Clio Sport 200 (09)
Don't even waste your time on him, I've not long got 3 points by doing the same thing, Suzuki swift, being pushed along a long 30 road and destroyed him on a dual carriage way (40 road). end of the day if you have to break hard he goes in the back of you, you are money up and he has his head up his arse.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
as mentioned beforewhat i usually do is in places where he cant ovetake go dead slow then when you think he may think about overtaking just plant it, he will soon get pissed off about not being able to pass

i had a audi s3 tailgating me the other night so this is what i did for the best part of 3miles lol, i would of carried it on for longer but a 1.6 astra can only out accelerate a audi for so long

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I dont fancy too good about doing any silly tricks on a public road for the fact there is other road users and there is alot of police cover the main airport road where im talking about. I dont think it would go down too well if there was an accident in any form and as i say i have held off for a while and by the sounds of it i have done the right thing.

clio mk2 1.4 16v
I've put this one in an older thread but I think it's worth posting again:

However I would simply invest in a new sticker to piss him off to no end, something on the lines of "I don't race s*****x corsa's"

lol at this, the driver of the 172 would need to be turbo'ed to keep pace with a vxr in a straight line.

This video proves sweet f.a aside from the fact that the driver can talk like a spastic and drive at the same time

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones with more money do :)

240 standard vs 200 standard is a no brainier lol.

And whoever said red top corsa has upset me. I hate people who call then that.

It's a C20XE or C20LET for the turbo.

Redtops the c20xe and let for turbo....mate cousin's got a corsa b with a let pushing 300 bhp its quick as hell and the same mate had a corsa c with z20let some peice of kit pity hell sold it

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
5 mins idling will have yours upto temp unless your thermostat is knackered.

1.8 Corsa should be easily dealt with, red top one less so, especially if modified as they are a far easier engine to tune than the f4r, red top turbo even more so of course.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The ones with more money do :)

240 standard vs 200 standard is a no brainier lol.

And whoever said red top corsa has upset me. I hate people who call then that.

It's a C20XE or C20LET for the turbo.

Why would you hate them being called a red top?
Ive spent 7 years as one of total vauxhall magazines consultant experts on the c20xe engine and everyone knows them as redtops, even though the late ones had nothing red on them, lol.

Sounds like a bellend, hate people who try and push you and wind you up, just ignore

Ps I have a 1.8sri corsa, it's standard and you'd definitely deal with him if his is (only 125bhp after all!). But it used to be 150-160bhp and was definitely a quick little thing then

Clio RS200
I wouldn't even waste my energy racing him, he should be embarrased for driving a boring and ugly car.

I had a prius up my arse yesterday...yep a prius. I was doing 70mph in the fast lane of a dual carrage way (overtaking a HGV) and he was so close I could barely see his bumper. I just moved across and let him past, clearly a 50 something trying to rekindle his youth by trying to prove he was somehow faster than the 200.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I cant fathom why you'd even consider giving this tit the time of day, just wave him past you

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't even waste my energy racing him, he should be embarrased for driving a boring and ugly car.

I had a prius up my arse yesterday...yep a prius. I was doing 70mph in the fast lane of a dual carrage way (overtaking a HGV) and he was so close I could barely see his bumper. I just moved across and let him past, clearly a 50 something trying to rekindle his youth by trying to prove he was somehow faster than the 200.

at a glance I read that as penis... made the reply funnier tbh

Blow him.

Had a 'modded' vtr do the same to me on the weekend. Soon as the road opened up I showed him it wasn't a white rep. Seen the same lad today and he didn't bother me :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's 70 on dual carriageways unless otherwise stated.

Ya get me tho

BG 182 FF
Dual carriageways in the uk are 70mph unless in an urban area or explicitly signed otherwise.

Ofc, but what I am saying is you can never assume it's just a 70 if you see no signage (as many are 40/50); the only place you can do that is a motorway.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ofc, but what I am saying is you can never assume it's just a 70 if you see no signage (as many are 40/50); the only place you can do that is a motorway.

A motorway could be 50 too for that matter, but like a dual carriageway it will always be signposted if its not 70.

guidelines on how often the speed limit will be repeated are here:
http://www.abd.org.uk/speed_limit_signs.htm#repeaters

But as a rule of thumb if its not urban and you've done half a mile with no sign, then it's 70, that applies to motorway and dual.