ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup 172

clio 172 cup
why does it say ron 98 recommended on the inside of the filler cap? is it not good to run them on normall fuel.

mine idles like sh1t and doesnt run well on normal, v-power seems better in mine that 99 tesco aswell.

loads of threads where people have said it doesnt make a difference, it does in mine.

LY 200
mine runs rough on normal fuel and pinks like a b*****d after a journey on s**t fuel

Indeed, when i first got mine a few year back i tried normal and even some 99 ron fuel from the likes of Tescos but since only go for Ultima or V-Power (preferably this if i can find a shell)!

Car sounds ropey on anything but and it also gives a lesser mpg.

Weeman sucks ****
mine runs better on higher ron'age but i put both in. tesco 99 makes it run like s**t but makes the decat bang so that's my preferred choice atm.

MCS R56
why does it say ron 98 recommended on the inside of the filler cap? is it not good to run them on normall fuel.

Smart answer...because Renault recommend you use this fuel as it's better for the engine.

Less smart answer...they do run better on this fuel, imo. Not faster but a bit smoother, less lumpy. Probably cleaner too.