ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup insurance ~ Who so you use???

Clio 172 Cup insurance ~ Who do you use???

Best quote I've got is £532 through Confused.com for two drivers (Aged 36 & 38) 6pts (SP50 & SP30) and two minor claims with protected NCB.

Who do you use to insure your 172 CUP?

Last edited:
  A4 Avant & A3
i'm with privilege it's around £500 bit less i think, thats for me & the mrs, 28 & 26 years old both with 7 years no claims (i think) and no convictions.. touch wood.

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
21 with 9 points (thats motorbike's for ya) no claims, fully comp £1090 live in derby, car kept on drive? with Tesco?

cock mobile.
Mines £750, was 23 at time of renewal, with gf on insurance (driving for 1 year with a claim).

I've got 2yrs NCB and no points, etc.

That's with Elephant, I know people will slate me, but it was a lot cheaper than anyone elses price!

cock mobile.
russ_0016 said:
21 with 9 points (thats motorbike's for ya) no claims, fully comp £1090 live in derby, car kept on drive? with Tesco?

I'm suprised Tescos took you on with that many points! I was under the impression that insurance companies didn't like taking people with more than 6 points.

24, 1 years NCB on the driveway in Tunbridge Wells for a Trophy is around £80 per month with Admiral, using their 'Bonus Accelerator' - 10 months cover = 1 years NCB.

I've got my old man on the policy and that helps!!

Last edited:
Does adding a parent on the policy really bring the money down? Even if they never drive it?

ChrisK 172 said:
Does adding a parent on the policy really bring the money down? Even if they never drive it?

It always seems to!?!? Possibly when your 40 putting your 65y/o Father on may not work but certainly for my age it helps.

cock mobile.
chiefsilverback said:
Why will people slate you?

People have had problems with Elephant in the past, no one seems to rate them as a decent insurance company.

My arguement is no insurance company is decent :eek:

cock mobile.
chiefsilverback said:
It always seems to!?!? Possibly when your 40 putting your 65y/o Father on may not work but certainly for my age it helps.

It was actually better to add my gf on the policy who is 23 and only driving for a year with a claim worth £4k than it was to add my Mum or Dad who are both in their 40s, with no points, claims or anything.

Crazy, but there ya go!

sh33n said:
People have had problems with Elephant in the past, no one seems to rate them as a decent insurance company.

My arguement is no insurance company is decent :eek:

I had a write off with Elephant and it was dealt with quite well. The only annoying thing is that they work in a strict date order, but then I suppose that's the only way you can process claims!?!?

In fact having written off a SEAT Leon Cupra R with Elephant, they re-insured me on a new LCR for less than I had paid before the crash!!?!?!?

172cup/BMW 320 coupe
best i got was elephant.co.uk for me.

22yrs, 2yrs ncb, 1 claim no points bristol postcode £650 fully comp inc comuting

cock mobile.
chiefsilverback said:
In fact having written off a SEAT Leon Cupra R with Elephant, they re-insured me on a new LCR for less than I had paid before the crash!!?!?!?

Crazy! But I can beleive it!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
sh33n said:
I'm suprised Tescos took you on with that many points! I was under the impression that insurance companies didn't like taking people with more than 6 points.

9 points, not really gonna be ragging it about all the time when just 3 points will get you banned!! Insurers will look at that!

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
mgrlane said:
9 points, not really gonna be ragging it about all the time when just 3 points will get you banned!! Insurers will look at that!

TBH, it put my bike insurance up £400, another reason for gettin rid? My mates payin £900 on a focus RS (group 16 like the cup) same age/location ncb etc as me but without the points so i didn't think it was too bad.

A Fast One!
russ_0016 said:
TBH, it put my bike insurance up £400, another reason for gettin rid? My mates payin £900 on a focus RS (group 16 like the cup) same age/location ncb etc as me but without the points so i didn't think it was too bad.

jeez is that all the FFRS is in terms of insurance grouping? i thought it was the same or higher than the CTR which is group 17?

thats damn good if it is considering how easy fords are to nick!

im aged 25 with tesco, 8yrs protected ncb and 6 points for £85p/m on my Cup..... it was exactly the same for my G60 as well!!

Alex

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Spykee said:
jeez is that all the FFRS is in terms of insurance grouping? i thought it was the same or higher than the CTR which is group 17?

thats damn good if it is considering how easy fords are to nick!

im aged 25 with tesco, 8yrs protected ncb and 6 points for £85p/m on my Cup..... it was exactly the same for my G60 as well!!

Alex

Yep group 16, i was going to get one, but dint want to copy my mate plus they were still goin for around 17k last summer. The new st has meant a big price drop on th Focus RS?

Megane R26
No movement on RS prices yet, in fact the have gone up recently (I assume this is because of the lack of availability on the new ST)

Prices will fall when the ST hits the used market IMHO

Even then, it will take aaaages to fall below £10k :)