ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup race car wiring

172 Cup Race Car
Is anybody familiar with the 2005 clio cup wiring, I have the manuals and checked the wiring against that, and have access to another car where I have checked out the that the XAP and Control box both work fine.

I the issue started after I replaced the engine, basically the car is dead and will not power up, I get power out of the xap if I hold the start button, but it does not seem to latch and power up the control box.

I have double checked the engine harness as everything is labelled and the plugs tend to only fit in one location, I have not found any issues there. Looking through the wiring diagram it indicates there are 2 additional fuses f10 and f11 which are not in the fuse box.

Any idea where these are located I have found 1 15amp on the harness but I am not sure if it is f10 or f11, also looking at the harness diagram it makes reference to a master fuse, but this is not mentioned anywhere else in the wiring diagram.

Any ideas on this one folks.

Thanks

Jason

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
The cup car runs a modified flywheel as the trigger pattern / pick up is different. If it's this then it's engine out and swap your flywheel or modify it.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
If it's no power at all then I will have a look in the manual ref the fuses.

172 Cup Race Car
Problem sorted with several 260km round trips to check the wiring/voltages and pin-outs on the other local car.
Turns out the garage which did the swap put the engine earth terminal onto the alternator fed. Once the offending terminal was removed and earthed to the engine bingo.

D8975C6E-17F2-4F29-8878-F45B113341C4_zpsdnw9n8o4.jpg

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Hope you wont be taking you car back to that garage again! The earth goes on that bolt in the top right hand corner btw, I'm guessing that's where you put it anyway.

172 Cup Race Car
The nearest and easy point was the alternator bracket. I will swap it when the car get returned as we need to do bit of prep for the mini endurance races.
Actually one of the few decent garages here but for various reasons both personal and business they sub contracted the engine change to a garage beside them, who where the ones that put the wire in the wrong place. Also auto electricians do not exist here it seems that's why i can top go back to basics and sort it my self.

I expecting these points to be reflected in the bill.