ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cup racer - trackrods - which way round?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Trackrods are handed but which way round do they go? I have some cup racer pics showing both ways ?

If the aim is to have the trackrod parallel to the wishbone angle of stroke (ie looking at it from the side under the arch) then if you move the wishbone forward to get some more caster the the trackrod isn't parallel when the rod end is one one way but swapped round its better?

Anyone any thoughts?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Wouldn't know about the geometry, but have seen they're sided. There should be small marks on the TREs, one mark for rhs and two marks for lhs as per the build manual (36-5). Are you using the pure adjustable w/bones now?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Yes pure wishbones so the wishbone is moved forward for extra caster.

This causes the trackrod to be angled further forward so not parallel to the arc of the wishbone. If you swapped the rod ends round you correct it?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
They look to be a lovely bit of kit. May be interested in your old ones... :wink:

Not sure RE switching them around sorry. Is it worth giving Pure a call to get a feel for the magnitude of the cumulative effect from moving the hub pivot forward? I'm guessing ackermann/bump besides the additional castor adjustment? May only work out to be negligible amounts, but wouldn't this allow you to alter proportionality of steering throw? All beyond me sorry... :confounded:

Could work out as a handy tweak if it offers you adjustment of a meaningful amount.