ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup scholarship double six racing

clio sport 172 ph2
just signed up to this for next year involves four rounds in the new 197 race car, then if you make it you get a 50k drive with double six racing, looks like a lot of fun and even if i don't make it got a good track day with an instructor alongside, any of you guys done anything like this?

Theres only one place avaialaible and somehting like 600 enteriers plus your cometing against people who have racing in there blood from about 3 years old ther'll all be carting experts.

clio sport 172 ph2
just click on www.racingscholarship.com if you don't get through it's abit of fun, i recently atteneded a palmer sport day in a racing clio cup and beat them all by about 5-6 seconds a lap so i'm gong to give it a bash!!

I think 666 are baiscaly paying the year racing money on the grounds there loads of people applying.
600 people at £300 a piece is a lot fo money.

williams and trophy
yep.thats the way it works edde,.

even if ur not good enough, you could still get through to the final though dependant on the no. of entrants, and how much they need to recoup.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Did it last year.

Got to the final and was fastest lap time holder going into the final (10 people from 500 entrants). Everyone in the final had been competitive racing for at least a couple of years apart from me who had non (apart from trackdays in the cup). Was third quickest on the finals day but the guy who was 5th quickest won the sponsored drive. You do camera interviews and an interview with everyone including the Renault Clio cup Director. Was all on Motors TV on Sky.

Great experience especially spending the finals day with VB Henderson and Tiff Needel.

May do it this year as i did it for a bit of a suck it and see last year but now want to win it this year.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182 Cup
I have a plan....Setup my own race team do the competition for drivers make £180,000 enter myself for the season and have some change lol!!