ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup ,stance bit of info needed

200sx s14a,fiesta
right i bought a clio cup 172 last week now the rear looks low compared to the front ,now is this how the cups came ? as ive had 2 normal 172 sports and they never looked like this ?
my mates have also said the rear looks low compared to how hi the front is ...?

the springs on the rear are black with no make marks etc

heres a pic so u know what i mean

thanks john

DSC01317.gif

this pic below you cant tell much
DSC01329.gif

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You guys sure? In that first pic theres some might arch gappage there? lol My 172 doesnt look that high at the front, and arent the cups ever so slightly lower than the 172s?

Westy. MX5
Yep, front looks higher than the back, normal. Go Eibach Pros, much better ride and a bit lower at the front. the rear will be a bit higher though.

Westy. MX5
You are probably familiar with the crashy ride over holes and bumps in the road on the standard springs. The Eibachs are progressively coiled, ie. closer at the bottom so they give a little over holes in the road , but stiffen on corners nicely to give a flat ride. I sound like Eibach salesman, eh!

Ps. The OE spings can be identfied by 2 or 3 splodges of paint on them

Clio Cup 172
Yes I am very familiar with that :) these sound like a good option, my car has done 66k should I consider having the standard dampers replaced with new oem ones at the same time or would coilovers be better, I want the best on road ride quality while retaining the handling, this is not a track car? Thanks!

Westy. MX5
The Sportline or Proline will be ok for you and they are designed for oe shocks. I'm up to 89k miles and on oe shocks with the Prolines, I will change the shocks when they shot. Coilovers are substantially more expensive. As for changing them at the same time, it don't matter, they are easy to take off and on.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
in the first pic it looks lower in the back than it should (my opinion)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Maybe the standard rear springs have sagged over time but the fronts have been replaced at some point? The standard rear shocks tend to leak if the car has been lowered, both of mine where shagged when I got it and it was only running 25mm springs, so perhaps they are shagged?

Westy. MX5
Last edited: