ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO CUP

Right Basically, im getting a New Cup in a couple of month, but before making that final decission id like some personel opinions, ive got a pug 306 at the mo and just want somehting a bit more fun!!

So i give you lot the question..........

Any opinions?

Cheers

I picked my new Cup up on Saturday and it is great fun, much more responsive and positive copmpared to my Megane coupe. Get one you wont regret it. BTW i got mine for £11250 so dont let the buggers over charge you.

Had my Cup for just over 3 months and its now got 5200 miles on the clock.

Looks sweet now i have got my 17s on and had it lowered.

Good fun car. Makes me smile every time i go out in it.

Depends what 306 you have got...

Ive had my Cup a while now and I really like it, but if you have a GTI6, or such like, whilst the Cup may initially seem quicker (if it is a GTI6 this will be/feel marginal) to get a real boost you need to go up a class or two.

I came down a class to a hatch, I needed a small everyday hatch for my job, I like the Cup but.... At the end of the day it is just a fast hatch, to be really honest Im a bit bored of it and it will go within the year for something like an M3 or STI.

It really depends what you want. Having said all of that I took the Cup on its first track day last friday and it was really very good

paul

get the cup, youll have loads of fun. I had a pug before, hence the name (306 s16), but the reno really is miles faster. I wouldnt say it feels as composed as the pug used to and is not as comfy round town, but overall i think i prefer it. i think the cup is quite raw in the kinda crude way that old hot hatches were, and i like that, but its not everyones bag.

Unless you can get 200bhp+ in a 306 chassis, you aint gonna come close for a front wheel drive car. Agreed, m3 etc are a different ball game but then youre into much higher running costs for not THAT much more performance in the real world. You tell me a car for under 25k thatll toast most things on the road, do 35-40 mpg if youre that way inclined, and fit your shopping and a couple of small kids in (not that i like kids!).

pugboy

Ive only got an XSI its alright but nothing special. Plus im only 19. Before you say insurance problems, i work for an insurance underwriter and i get 40% discount :) (happy days)

Is the Cup quicker than the 2.2 vtech prelude? or the VR6 golf?

ive eaten a prelude off the mark and up to bout 70. even after hittin limiter in 1st! cos i wasnt concentratin

Clio Cup,

It depends on what you want from a car. It you want a lot of speed there are faster things for the money (not brand new of course) and with 40% off on insurance you could get something really serious.

If its fun your after, the Clio Cup will keep you very happy. Id say the 2.2 prelude and VR6 are gonna be similar to the Cup in normal day to day driving. Alot will depend on driving skills and whoever boots it first.

ralphy_vts

a tvr only does one thing and that is go fast when its not broken down!

you cant get your clubs in it or your mates or your shopping and itll cost the earth to insure, even with 40 % dickscount!

I could do the TT 180 about T reg ish, a convertable Beemer.

Some come on then ideas on cars that are about the same price and are about the same insurance. The cup is group 17.. Yes?

Even better news.

Anyone got some fo there own times? i.e 0-60, 0-100 1/4 mile? Just out of interest.

Ive heard about 6.8 to 60, that sound about right?

40percent discount on insurance...that makes me quite close to sick.

If your looking at other hot hatches, id say the clio is a really good deal...but it wont turn heads like a civic type r...to the untrained eye it really does just look like another clio:)

/me waits for abuse

I know mate, its WICKED 40% off the final premium that without no claims so its VERY cheap, well cheap ish for someone whos only 19. But the Type-r is quite a bit more expensive. and more on the insurance.

Forget the Civic Type R, looks to much like a bus, if you can do the insurance what about a track biased new shape integra type R?

You can see on one http://www.litchfieldimports.co.ukwww.litchfieldimports.co.uk

That would be cool and you wont see one anywhere else! What has been said about the Cup is true, it is a good car, but I stand by what I said it is just a hatch and although an M3 etc may not be that much faster real time they are much more rewarding to drive. I used to have one so I have got a good comparison! If I could have sorted the insurance on an import at reasonable cost I would have bought one of these teg Rs

Reth im in Dunfermline, they offered me 3 k for my 97 P Primera 2.0 SRi (low miles 42000) so 13 k to change to cup (no money off cup) How did u get such a good deal?

Neil 82 cup .Went in one day for a test drive said i loved the car and the sales man said he could do me one for £11250:). Got full asking price from my part exchange aswell.Renault Edinburgh never had one in but they had a v6 and the sales man was being an arse, he said i would have to write him a cheque for the £24K before he would let me in the V6 ARSE.

S2000

I meant 3 k for my mint P reg Primera and 10 k cash! Is that a good deal? Reth where are Abercromby also what time of the year was it?

S2000

Quote: Originally posted by paul172cup on 17 February 2003

Had my Cup for just over 3 months and its now got 5200 miles on the clock.

Looks sweet now i have got my 17s on and had it lowered.

Good fun car. Makes me smile every time i go out in it.
What have you lowered yours with? Just springs or shocks as well?

from a standing start my 172 is quicker than my friends vr6 highline throught the grears. Not much in it after 100 thou.

Revels Mum & Sister

Even with a 40% discount sure it will still sting a bit though!

I am 19 and on a traders policy. So no worrys and insure my GF car to build up the no claims if HSE doesnt crash!!!

i raced a Vr6 top end... with my bird in the car and air con accidently switched on it was very even. he was on his tod