ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cups (question)

Hi all,

I have been very very interested in getting a blue clio cup as i seriously love the colour & car.

Anyway i have a 2 litre 16v corsa at the moment (which is for sale if anyone is interested) so the cup seemed like a good car to go for BUT since looking into the cups i think i have come across a few probs.....

1) is it true it doesnt have air con / semi leather seats ?

2) is it true it doesnt have a spare wheel ? (scary stuff)

Why not just go for the normal 172 which i beleive has all the above ? but doesnt come in the nice blue ? (might be wrong)

Bit of a bugger really

Quote: Originally posted by UKFLAVA.COM on 14 September 2004

Hi all,

I have been very very interested in getting a blue clio cup as i seriously love the colour & car.

Anyway i have a 2 litre 16v corsa at the moment (which is for sale if anyone is interested) so the cup seemed like a good car to go for BUT since looking into the cups i think i have come across a few probs.....

1) is it true it doesnt have air con / semi leather seats ?SOME HAVE AIRCON (WAS AN OPTION LATERLY/ NO THEY DONT HAVE LEATHER2)

is it true it doesnt have a spare wheel ? (scary stuff)NO SPARE WHEEL, BUT YOU GET TYRE FOAM, YOU CAN PUT A SPARE WHEEL IN, ALSO NOTE THAT THE 182 DOESNT HAVE A SPARE, OR EVEN A PLACE TO PUT A SPARE WHEEL IN

Why not just go for the normal 172 which i beleive has all the above ? but doesnt come in the nice blue ? (might be wrong)

BECAUSE ITS LIGHTER, IT HAS A WIDER TRACK, IT COMES IN A NICE BLUE, IT HAS BETTER SUSPENSION, AND BETTER WHEELS

Bit of a bugger really

PS YOU CAN BUY MINE IF YOU LIKE

172 cup TT

well its mainly down to reno making the 172s for girl racers and then they brought out the cup versions so it would appeal to the faster male drivers - a clever campaign when i heard what they had done!

:p

Remapped derv Golf

1) is it true it doesnt have air con / semi leather seats ? - Later Cups had it as an option (£800) but it will be rare. Try search autotrader. Surely youre corsa doesnt have it anyway.

2) is it true it doesnt have a spare wheel ? (scary stuff) 172 wheels (and sometimes Cup turinis) are floating about ebay - sometimes quite cheaply - unless some tits bids more than it costs at Renault!!!

Burgandy 174 sport t

aparantly there are loads of people afetr cups just now, even willing to pay over the odds for one? :confused:. Although strange why so many are for sale?

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 14 September 2004

aparantly there are loads of people afetr cups just now, even willing to pay over the odds for one? :confused:. Although strange why so many are for sale?
and what would over the odds be then BIG IAIN????

when i sold mine you couldnt get a jan 2004 cup for under 10 grand on the autotrader!!! your car is only as good as what the buyer wants to pay!!! so the guy i sold mine to got a bargain

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Floodie on 14 September 2004
well its mainly down to reno making the 172s for girl racers and then they brought out the cup versions so it would appeal to the faster male drivers - a clever campaign when i heard what they had done!:p

LOL:) :)

there just cheap french cars anyway. aint all that quick either but i suppose there not to bad for a second car to have fun in.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by 172hero on 16 September 2004

there just cheap french cars anyway. aint all that quick either but i suppose there not to bad for a second car to have fun in.
compaired to a bike there slow,but i like my legs and dont do soup every day so i drive a car

ian

Quote: Originally posted by Floodie on 14 September 2004

well its mainly down to reno making the 172s for girl racers and then they brought out the cup versions so it would appeal to the faster male drivers - a clever campaign when i heard what they had done!
Tut Tut!!! what about us fast female drivers!!! :cry:

I have a cup and can highly recommend it... Its more fun to drive than the 172. had mine about 5 weeks and love it.

The colour is what attracted me mainly though.

172 cup TT

Quote: Originally posted by Shaz_Cup on 16 September 2004

I have a cup and can highly recommend it... Its more fun to drive than the 172. had mine about 5 weeks and love it.

You have a "manly" cup???... and your 100% female??? come on, check your chin, bet youll find a few hairs ;)

golf

See what i mean!!! - Yet another cup argument! Both cars are as fast as the drivers! Its all about if you want the toys or not and buying a car at the right price! Not for 0.2 of a second!

Ian mate I ride a bike and your only as safe as you want to be! Ill agree that their is loads of fannys out their on bike but being Pro-active instead of re-active is what it all about> Just thought i would say!

Quote: Originally posted by Floodie on 16 September 2004

You have a "manly" cup???... and your 100% female??? come on, check your chin, bet youll find a few hairs ;)

Cheeky!!!! :)

Quote: Originally posted by Shaz_Cup on 17 September 2004

My little sister has a Cup....;)

Arctic Blue 182

Go on Sharon, tell them what fast female drivers get after owning their Cup for only 2 weeks......hehe! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Faz182 on 17 September 2004

Go on Sharon, tell them what fast female drivers get after owning their Cup for only 2 weeks......hehe! ;)
3 points and a £60 fine!!!! and i think youll find it was within 24hrs!!!

Now youre being cheeky. :)

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 17 September 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Shaz_Cup on 17 September 2004

My little sister has a Cup....;)

Cant fault her!!!

I keep seeing more woman driving them!

and why the hell not! ;)