ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci 65 injector seal

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Can anyone tell/show me how to remove injector 1 as I need to replace the copper seal.
Any tip would be Great.
The car in a Clio dci 65 on a 2002 plate.

Many.
Funnely enough, I did this exact job on my Clio DCi Thursday.

Injector is easy to remove, crack both the 17mm nuts on the fuel pipe off, remove completely. Pull of leak off pipe, unplug injector (and glow plug as it'll be easier), remove Torx bolt, and then remove the U shaped clamp.

You'll more than likely have to twist the injector carefully to remove it, theres a few flat spots you can get a spanner on, pull injector out.

The copper washer will more than likely stay in the head, theres a special tool you can get to remove them, which makes it easy! but you can also use screwdrivers/a pick tool.

Then clean the face of the head at the bottom, get it as clean as possible, as thats more than likely why its leaking in the first place.

Refit reverse of removal.

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Thanks guys :cheers:
Ill have a look tomorrow, sounds easy enough :S
Are the seals copper plus where can you get them from ????

Many.
They need to be exactly the same as removed. They are quite thick, motor factors maybe, or Renault.

Many.
Look like....
3DD35F26-E25E-4B68-91D7-93D7DF33A914_zpsbpk83nix.jpg

Nice dirty job too
803C39D0-7020-468B-BD6C-5117F1FB74D3_zpsicwpclb1.jpg

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Thanks, the pics will help.
Does any of you know if you have to bleed the fuel system after
thanks for the help

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Sweet I'm think I'm going to be fine tbf with all this help :p I just need to get a washer on a Sunday in stroud gloucester any ideas ;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Thus why I crack the lines off first, WITHOUT the injectors plugged in

OP - don't do what I've said, it's dangerous due the high pressure , not going to explain how I do it as you will not need to doing one injector

Last edited:
Be very careful removing the injector. (Don't use force) it it won't come out by hand then you have to loosen it off gently. (I won't say how you do it just because of the danger potential if done wrong)

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Job done :)
I've have quenched the copped washer as I couldn't get the washer :( it's all sealed up sounds so much better.
My little tip would be to remove the dip stick as I undid the nut for the fuel pipe and hit it with the spanner and snapped the dip stick :(
Aha o well I've just got to put a new one in now as I've got the dip stick out after a lot of hassle.

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Do you think I should change the injector seal for a new one, It's not leaking, it's sealed up fine

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I got my copper washers on eBay, genuine Renault ones too, we're cheap. No motor factors had anything close

I've got two seat cutting kits, one snap on as it was in in of the deals then when I was out doing a D5 30 miles away I had to rush out and get another kit from machine mart, both work great and really do make a difference.

Renault Clio DCi 65
Sorted now. The nail polish remover trick is a life safer as well as abit of heat and gently persuasion