ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCi 80 - Good deal?

Looking at a new car and found this, is it any good? Considering its from a garage that is!

2002 '52 Clio dCi 80 Expression +
60k Miles
FSH
12 months MOT

£2,900

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Thanks in advance.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'd say it's a fair asking price, but would you be happy with an Expression when for a few more pennies you can have a Dynamique?

There's a 05 plate Dynamique with climate and an electric roof near me for £3.5k.

I thought the expression + sempt to have alot of extras already, air con etc, what does the dynamique have on top of the expression + ?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ Alloy wheels

The seats alone are worth it. They look like crap and they're not the best anyway, but compared to the lesser models it's night and day.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Steer clear of the Expression if you're into your cars.

If its just a ride to get to work, then its fine but the lack of bucket style seats, alloys, fogs, rear spoiler, leather steering wheel will annoy you after a week.

Not to mention the gash trim on the seats of an expression. Just get a dynamique!

185lb/ft dCi
trip computer also.

I wouldn't beef too much about the seats, i've had mine over 2 years and its been fine, i travel to and from uni each week which is a 200 mile round trip and i find them comfortable to sit in.

Didn't realise i was missing so much!

Will have to try and source a dCi 80 Dynamique now for my budget, which is going to be hard :(

EDIT: With decentish miles of couse

Last edited:
Found a Dynamique, decided i'd rather have a little more power and go for the dCi 100, although they are a little harder to come by.

2004 on an '04 dCi 100 Dynamique
£2,995

I know there are ones with lower mileage, but this one is fairly local to me, thoughts?

Very good deal that mate. If its got service history and is in good nick then go for it.

Don't think it will have service history or surely they would have stated it in the ad?

Although it could because they didn't put the mileage in the ad and i had to ring up for it!

So the mileage isn't to high?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
What's the car for?

If it's just to get you about and you'd rather have the 100hp for that odd occasion that you throttle it then yeah I'd go for that one.

Otherwise if it's going to get treated with a little less mechanical sympathy then I'd say the 80 is what you want as it's got a better gearbox (not good by a long shot, but better).