ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI increasing engine power...

'52 clio dci
Hi Guys,

I have a Clio 1.5 DCI 80bhp, I am interested in increasing the power slightly. Now I know the engine uses a Delphi DFP1 CR pump and injector setup as I am a product engineer at Delphi... so why ask this question...

well..

I have heard about one of these dragon tuning boxes that plug inbetween a sensor in the engine bay, does anyone have a picture of this fitted? I think the way they increase the power with this type of tuning box is to send a different IMV (inlet metering valve) signal back to the vehicle ECU, which in turn provides a higher injection pressure and hence more power. But before I start messing around I'd like to see one installed to be certain im correct.

I know for a fact the 80 and 100bhp models use the same injectors (4001's) and the pump is internally the same, only difference in fuelling between the two is the 100bhp model has a higher overall pressure - I know the difference is 200bar.

Personally I'm not looking to spend lots of money on a remap, but I am interested in custom building one of these boxes to vary the pressure output, if my theory is correct then these could be produced for under 20.00 each.

Anyone care to share some information or similar... anything would be good really.

Cheers Lee