ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci running problems

Revels Mum & Sister
After some advice for a female friend

She has a Clio dci 80. Recently it has been running rough and smoking (Sooty) she took it to a garage who have said the fuel pump is knackered however they have told her they 'adjusted' it which I believe isnt possible. Also it is running a little less Smokey however apparently has a fuel leak somewhere...

This to me does not sound like a pump however can someone confirm? Or perhaps try some things we could try!!

Revels Mum & Sister
Hmm good thinking would explain the poor running (If it has one!) however not the fuel leak

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fuel filter blocked/broken hence the leak and poor running? If it sucks in air it will cause havoc.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
EGR valves and the J pipe from them get very clogged up.

Cambelt timing is worth checking and this controls the pump too

Revels Mum & Sister
I saw some teeth on the Pump so good shout. Checked a guide for EGR valve as well. Quick job and worth a crack.

Good shout on the filter. Unless the pump itself is leaking. Being a women it is like cracking code