ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci

Megane r26
Right then ladies and gentle men i am thinking of getting rid of my saxo vtr and getting a clio dci 80 for economical reasons (insurance, fuel, tax etc). Now what do these cars perform like once the have been re-mapped (i.e ktec) and what would a remapped one be like compared to my vtr. Any replies will be much appricated:star:

MERCEDES CLS AMG
K9K 704 65 BHP
K9K 702 80BHP
K9K 712 100 BHP

Check the engine codes as i get lots of people ringing me after replacement engines thinking theyve bought the higher power version only to find out its a 65 bhp version.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Right then ladies and gentle men i am thinking of getting rid of my saxo vtr and getting a clio dci 80 for economical reasons (insurance, fuel, tax etc). Now what do these cars perform like once the have been re-mapped (i.e ktec) and what would a remapped one be like compared to my vtr. Any replies will be much appricated:star:

dci 80 is the one to go for, however hard to get them and most have silly mileages, some comand large premiums over the lesser dci65 as a result. Main stealers rarely get them in.

remapped i think its 100-105bhp so progress is ample, though its still only a 1.5 and slower off the mark than a comparable 1.6 16v clio of that era.

Id expect decent turn of speed, but not going to have that electric pace off line like saxo, and unless you stick some springs on it, youll probably find the bodyroll a bit annoying. Once springs on, it will be a wee hoot, but nothing more.

Megane r26
Just been on the ktec sight and on a dci 80 the remap takes it upto 107hp and 225nm and on a dci100 126hp and 250nm which i was quite impressed with and its only 325 quid for the remap. Also been looking on the system at work ( i am a mechanic at evans halshaw) and they have loads of dci 80s in stock and a couple of 100's also the price of road tax is quite appealing

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
^^ yeah the dci 80 has same anti-roll bar as 1.6 and the gearbox out of the 1*2. 100 gearbox is made of cheese, which is a shame.

100 has awesome mpg for the speed (0-60 in just under 10 secs iirc) but rare as rockin horse s**t.

dci 80 is a little sluggish if left to it's own devices but once remapped will give the 1.6 a run for it's money whilst maintaining a good mpg.

cheap to run, insurance is low and will be tax exempt in a couple of years, next yr it will be £20.

high mileage is nothin to be concerned about, 100k is just about run in. although the clutch will need a change around the 100k mark so if u see one will be worth checkin if it's been done.

also, from experience, at around 100k the injectors may start to get full of shite so will need a clean.

there is a whole thread dedicated to 'what to look for' on various dci's... by edde i believe, do a search will tell u all u need to no.

185lb/ft dCi
If your going to get a car and just do a remap i would get the 100, gearbox made of cheese? they may not be as good as the others but still paul never pushes the car to breaking point so its going to last.

my 65 with intercooler from a dci100 made 77hp with the normal map and made 110hp with over 180lb/ft on the remap. This was without any tuning of the boost. This map also wasn't pushed, paul said it will run the map all day long no problems.

The 80's injectors have 15% more flow in them than the 65. So more power is created there if you go for an 80.

A well built VW
Macester is the intercooler and remap all you have done to yours ?

I have the dci65 and wouldn't mind those sort of figures Who did the re-map ?
how easy was it too it the intercooler and where did you get it from

I had heeard just replacing the injectors and adding the intercooler gave you the 80 performance but the injector need rcoding and thats a ££££ job so i like your way better

185lb/ft dCi
Macester is the intercooler and remap all you have done to yours ?

I have the dci65 and wouldn't mind those sort of figures Who did the re-map ?
how easy was it too it the intercooler and where did you get it from

I had heeard just replacing the injectors and adding the intercooler gave you the 80 performance but the injector need rcoding and thats a ££££ job so i like your way better

yeah intercooler is all ive done, remap is going to be done once ive found a new clutch, mine is on its way out.(been to RStuning and had it on the rollers).

Yeah replacing injectors and adding the ic will give you a 80 power straight up but you'll need to change the pump aswell to cope with the pressure. Paul can program the injectors to your car and sometimes come up on ebay france if you really wanted to get some at a good price.

I got my Intercooler second hand, it isnt that hard to fit, its abit tricky if you have A/C because of the extra pipes in the engine bay but if you don't have it your on to a winner.

A well built VW
Yeah no A/C to worry about here I/C and remap here i come lol You got any pics of it fitted or dimensions of the I/C at all

Reckon any I/C will do ? off he pops to look on ebay and googles how to fit I?C Edde ???

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I wouldnt bother mate, your saxo is what 100bhp? and does 0-60 in 9.0s?

Why do you wanna get a DIEsel and modify it>? I hate to sound like an old moan but if you want somthing fast then buy a fast car!

There is no substitute for cubic capacity!

Buy a Fabia VRS!

Megane r26

Why do you wanna get a DIEsel and modify it>? I hate to sound like an old moan but if you want somthing fast then buy a fast car!

Buy a Fabia VRS!

I agree mate i only want a dci as a daily as it would be fairly cheap to run so i will be able to spend much more money on a project like a 172 powered valver or a vag powered valver. And yes the fabia is a great car drove many of them:cool:

Buy a Fabia VRS!

I agree mate i only want a dci as a daily as it would be fairly cheap to run so i will be able to spend much more money on a project like a 172 powered valver or a vag powered valver. And yes the fabia is a great car drove many of them:cool:

an they hold their value clios cost peanuts an you can still have some fun ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Id go for the fabia mate, easily re-mapped for 200bhp and itll still give you well over 35mpg!

Failing that Seat FR of some sort the TDI's have proved time and time again.

Or if your feeling flush, Astra 888, 240bhp :D

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Buy a Fabia VRS!

Bit of a contradiction if ever I saw one....

You don't buy a Clio dci to go fast;

It's one of the cheapest cars to run on the road today. Holds it's value better than the petrols.. And with a map it's still able enough with day to day tasks.

185lb/ft dCi
Yeah no A/C to worry about here I/C and remap here i come lol You got any pics of it fitted or dimensions of the I/C at all

Reckon any I/C will do ? off he pops to look on ebay and googles how to fit I?C Edde ???

dcioffice.net is down i'm going to contact the owner and see whats going off, that had a lot of good info.

here is a pic of the intercooler:

01052008030.jpg

custom brackets were made, very easy tbh just a stick of metal bent at 90 degrees in a vice and some holes drilled through.

any IC will do you just need to make sure the pipes are going to fit.

james

Go for the dci100 if you can find one.
I wouln't recom,end one the gearboxes are rubish in both use and longevity.
remapped i think its 100-105bhp so progress is ample, though its still only a 1.5 and slower off the mark than a comparable 1.6 16v clio of that era.

Id expect decent turn of speed, but not going to have that electric pace off line like saxo, and unless you stick some springs on it, youll probably find the bodyroll a bit annoying. Once springs on, it will be a wee hoot, but nothing more.
100 to 110hp when remapped depends where you go etc.

Its not slower though I've tried my 65 which is standard against a 1.6 16V clio on private road (at the airfield) and there wasn't a hueg amount in it remaped 100 would eeasil;y have kept up I only lost by about 2 car lenghts. Theres a video somewhere. and that 1.6 had an exhaust which if you belive people on here is another 10hp.

Bodyroll ins't as bad as you make out by far and don't bother just loweing on springs do it right coilovers from H and R etc.

cheap to run, insurance is low and will be tax exempt in a couple of years, next yr it will be £20.
No tax goes down but will come back up again over time.
Yeah replacing injectors and adding the ic will give you a 80 power straight up but you'll need to change the pump aswell to cope with the pressure. Paul can program the injectors to your car and sometimes come up on ebay france if you really wanted to get some at a good price.
[/QUOTE]
Recodeing the injectors sin't much just need a clip computer to do it.

No need to chnage pumps dci 80 and 65 have the same pumps.

Buy a Fabia VRS!
Clio has a better chassic and cheaper to run

Plus if you want a cheap to run fasterish car then the CLios' not bad.
Id go for the fabia mate, easily re-mapped for 200bhp and itll still give you well over 35mpg!
Won't make over 200hp on a stock vrs.

A well built VW
Just priced up injectors OMG £470 for four Rip off Renault lol

Modus IC on ebay just not sure how it will fit different shape to yours Mac