ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Extreme

Van..

Just purchased one.. 05 plate any different to normal clios.. apart from comfty seats.. give me all the good and the bad.. be harsh..!! cheers.

Mr M

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i have no idea really! i thought the extreme had alloys and sports sus and the like?

by the way welcome to the forum!

I thought the extreme was the entry level spec one?

I clearly know nothing about non sport models - lol

Da

Less

the extreme will have fancy interior, auto headlights, auto wipers, (possibly) height adjustable drivers seat, sporty dials & gear knob etc, alloy wheels, spoiler, CD head unit, 6 speaker sound system erm... the list goes on... lol!

Depends really what you class as a normal Clio??

Van..

Cheers for the welcoming.. well i dont notice anything different.. just inside.. bucket seats, n alloys, n fog ligths, n rear spoiler.. 1.2 16v Clio sports extreme.. think i got fooled by the sports bit, meaning the interior and exterior, rather than the engine.. its not the car its the driver thats what i like to think although i got humiliated by a clio sports, going to bluewater.. lol

Da

Less

The Clio Sports are the 1.2s and such like mate, the 172/182s are RenaultSport Clios. Authentique is the entry level Clio and the Extreme is about three quaters of the way up the range.

IIRC its a rebadged dynamique, maybe have air con, but im not sure, will have sport suspension, not renault sport, but stiffer than the jelly springs on the authentique, same seats as the renault sport models, just in different trim levels

Van..

I was correct then daz.. Yeah basically, just the style rather than engine, cant complain though, only had it 24days, notice the paint work metallic black shows scratches bad, threw my ruck sack on the bonnet, and sratched bad.

Does anyone know (websites) any good deals, for cd players, amps + subs. Cheers in advance.

Mr M

Black Gold Meggy 225

The Extremes are good cars. I had the first one they produced on the MKII and it was wicked, Funky Blue/black seats, cheap insurance. A good litttle car its just not a 172/182/V6.

The Extremes are quite well specced - pretty much a Dynamique!

IIRC its got:

Colour Coded
15" Alloys
Sports Seats
Sports Suspension
Aluminium Trim
Special Extreme Upholstery!!
Choice of 1.2/14/1.6 and the 1.5DCi
You dont get AirCon or Sunroof (I think dynamiques have S/R)

my extreme has a sunroof, but no alloys has crappy hubcaps. its colour coded and has trendy interior. mines quite nippy for a 1.2 aswell. Mr Michael wats urs like to drive?

Van..

Quote: Originally posted by clio_zak on 25 March 2005

my extreme has a sunroof, but no alloys has crappy hubcaps. its colour coded and has trendy interior. mines quite nippy for a 1.2 aswell. Mr Michael wats urs like to drive?

With regards to driving, handling at 30mph+ around round abouts, pretty crap, my old 94 clio much better i must say. 80+ its very smooth, and not so bouncy, considering its lowered suspension. I really enjoy driving it, which is a big step up from having a boy racer box to start with.. cant complain..!!

Burgandy 174 sport t

Quote: Originally posted by MrMichael on 25 March 2005

I was correct then daz.. Yeah basically, just the style rather than engine, cant complain though, only had it 24days, notice the paint work metallic black shows scratches bad, threw my ruck sack on the bonnet, and sratched bad.

Does anyone know (websites) any good deals, for cd players, amps + subs. Cheers in advance.

Mr M
FFS what did ya expect???

have a kick at it next time too and see if it dents it???????

Ive also bought an 05 Clio Extreme, metallic black. It is a normal/non rs clio but has the Cup rear spoiler and front lip, silver interior trim bits, sports seats (not leather), CD, aircon, trip computer etc and gay extreme stickers on the side. It is also colourcoded to look similar to the renaultsport models but as I found out to my disappointment, they dont colour code the black ones :(.

Im not to fond of mine so will be selling soon.

Van..

Quote: Originally posted by Big Iain on 25 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by MrMichael on 25 March 2005

Mr M
FFS what did ya expect???

have a kick at it next time too and see if it dents it???????
Currentlt have 2 foot prints now.. lol only joking.. only put my bag on the bonnet, while i found my keys..

Im not complaining about my car..!! Love it

Ford Fiesta

extreme used to be a dynamique with green interior but think that has changed abit now.

still a lot of kit in them!

335i M SPORT!!!!

Them Extremes are really nice i like the silver one wiv the colour coded bumper inserts an side strips...

But i got swayed in the direction of a dynamique bcoz of the few little extras it had ( auto headlights n stuff)

i wanted the dynamique already colour coded but renault dont sell them like that...

i suppose ill hav to go find a body shop...

Extremes are nice cars... i hate the green interiour its UGLY!!!

( no offence to anyone that has)

Extreme is a stripped down Dynamique, misses the following as standard...

Glass Sunroof
Heat Reflecting Windscreen
Rain Sensitive Auto Wipers
Auto Headlights
Front Lateral Airbags
60/40 Rear Seats
Adjustable Headrests
Temperature Gauge
CD Player
2 extra Speakers
Air Recycling
Also has some fairly naff stickers on the exterior, not sure who dreamed those up.