ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio - Girly car?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Since ive had my 172 all i've had from my mates is why you bother buying a clio its a girls car etc etc.

Anyone else get this? :rolleyes:

D

Dani

Yeah but then I am a girl so it kind of fits lol Maybe they're right....:S

Clio 172 mk2
No...I don't get that kind of 'abuse' but to be honest I couldn't give a t** if I did.

Clio DCi 65
Couple girls by me said its girly

n then others sed it suits me (that make me a girl lol)

I like it!

clio 182 black /gold
Grils car. What do they drive?. Tell them whats under the bonnet is the key to the car :)

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
It's a girls/gay car. The proof is on this forum. Look at all the gheys and members with the chocolate starfish torn

Woo, woo, woo.....
The clio is deff a feminate car but....

I just respond with this when i get cheek:

"Well i'd rather know i'm riding a lady all over, than a male..."

Also, closely related to this topic:

Re: Has a woman ever told you that you're BIG?
Its amazing most people who drive clio's have big dicks!

We dont need big cars as penis extensions!! hehe

No more clio's for me!
Who gives a fook, their quick :D

I get it from a couple of people...but they no nothing about cars/performance and all that jazz, and there is no way i'd be caught dead driving their cars!! :rasp:

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
i always buy little cars which are classed as girly but because there like that all the girls i know love them so i am very cool with that

ps may look girly but they dust most bigger cars

a burnt one
It's a french hot hatch so i wouldnt call it girly, i reckon its aimed more at younger men than anything, just like most hot hatches, especially the french ones, peugeot's, renault 5 etc.

People will perceive things the way they want to, id be inclined to say the cheaper model clios were aimed at the younger feminine market and the 4 doors at the young family, then they decided they needed something for the male petrolheads so released the 172/182.

If people think that those models are girly then take a look at their car, its more than likely slower and their comments will be bourne out of jealousy.

LY V6 with Recaros
I don't really the hot hatch versions are girly, they're probably aimed more towards men if anything. Maybe just the normal versions, although I don't really see that as girly either, see plenty of guys driving round in them!

My mate gets it sometimes at work about his 172 (people just taking the p1ss) but I dont get it with the Willy, think the Willys definately a blokes car!

BMW Z4 3.0i
The clio is basically a girly car, so despite the 172/182 having a massive cocktail of steroids, it's still gonna keep some of that image unfortunately. I probably get more comments about "french crap" though than "girls' car". I don't mind too much. I knew what the car was when I bought it (thought it'd be a little better built but still) and I'm happy to comprimise between the cost/image/quality for the fun/gadgets it gives. Next car will be german and as manly as the Hoff himself, but that's a different period in my life and this one has fit in quite well for now.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
jus drive around thinking, so wat if it looks a little girly i can still beat a scooby which imo is one of the manliiest beasts around.

RB 182
Never thought of it as girly at all tbh ubt may b being nieve:S . Certainly compared to a focus which in my eyes is a girly family car.. jus personal opinion i guess. At least its not a bloody ford KA now THAT is a girly car n u still see sum rudeboys thinkin their the dogs in them haha:lolup:

Fiesta ST
I personally don't like the Mk2 shape, the Mk1 is by far the more masculine/meaner looking of the Clio range. More so the Mk1 ph1 + ph2 and Valver. The ph3 has the cuved fogs at the front and it's the start of the whole change to bigger curves. Pfft! Square edges and right angles is where it's at I tell thee!!!!!!! :)

ITB BG 182
Yea f**k it the clio is a girly type car this is why i bourght it as i would prefer girls to get in the car than have a mans car an only men get in it, ya just dont know how many gals ive raggd in my car because they like it.
a mate of mine as a vectra gsi or some thing an he wants to know how i do it, i just say its the car an now hes thinking about getting one.

Der Panzer
It's a total chicks car. 172/182s get away with it as they surprise a lot of people with their performance.

That said, Clios are nowhere near as gay as Minis or Peugeots.

BG182®
a few of my m8s say is a girls car too, spesh as mines a 1.2, 5 door. but in all honesty i would rather have ma lil clio then driving around in a chavy corsa with stupid LED's on it lol.

no disrespect to corsa's btw :D

I don't agree with the girly statement - fact is the clio is one of the most common cars on the road and the cheapest too so people are just used to seeing the basic models on the road and make a decission from that.

Every car maker these days has a "hot" version of there cars and I think if Renault for instance never released the basic models then peoples opinions might be a little different.

Only true car enthusiasts appricate the difference between the basic models and hot versions. For example the difference between a basic Golf and an R32 it's the same chasis but quite a different car!

Personally I can't see how a trophy or v6 to the guy in the street can look "girly" however it just depends on the person at the end of the day.

Bottom line is the v6 is "just" a clio but it's the styling that gives it an agressive presense and this is really where the difference in opinion comes from - I would ask anyone who thinks a clio is girly if they think the v6 is girly - I doubt they'll say it then!

Last edited: