ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Head Unit code

172 Cup

Im looking to buy a replacement head unit for the Cup. Its the standard VDO "Tuner List" unit that was in there originally but the guy does not have the code.

Anyone know where i can get the code from? doubt Renault would be interested as its not the original from my car.

Mazda MX5 1.8

i think it should of been written on the inside of the front cover of the service book

other than that i dunno where u can find it out sorry

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 30 May 2005
you can get them done, but if he hasnt got the code ask your self why

Salvage? Scrap? Lazy and cant be arsed to look for handbook? I doubt theres a huge international crime syndicate nicking Clio head units..

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 30 May 2005

Its a second hand unit... I.E The guys lost the code/book.
yeh i guessed that, but why hasnt he got the code ??, if its his unit and he owned the original car then he can get the code from the dealer

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 30 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 30 May 2005

you can get them done, but if he hasnt got the code ask your self why

Salvage? Scrap? Lazy and cant be arsed to look for handbook? I doubt theres a huge international crime syndicate nicking Clio head units..

did i say there was a big international crime on them !!!! the fact is the code is there for a reason, if he hasnt got it walk away, i hope nobody ever breaks into your car to knick your headunit, causing hundred if not thousands of pounds of damage

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If he aint got the code, and it wasnt out of his own car originally then walk away, otherwise he could get the code from any renault dealer.

Take the car in with the head unit to ur renault garage and say "I had the battery disconnected and the code for the head unit isnt working" they will charge you £10 to £20 and give you the code - they are unlikely to care whether it is stolen or not.

Alternatively phone a shady audio alarm shop and ask if they can decode them...

Unlikely to have been knicked imo.... i have an old ford head unit and old VW head unit and no longer have the cars... Thiefs go for pioneers with nice dolphins