ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio II owners, letter from renault?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I had a nice little letter and an "amendment" to my handbook today.

Which was nice.

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Yeah got one of these as well, yesterday. Statement from the letter "Your Renault Dealer will be happy to check the opening and closing mechanisms of the bonnet to ensure correct maintenance is being undertaken"

Just love how Renault's faulty cheap crappy mechanism suddenly becomes the owners responsibility to maintain this.

I'm sure everybody does this in their weekly checks right?? oil, water, tyre tread.....hmmm.....I'm forgetting something.....of course the bonnet mechanism....silly me!!!

RANT OVER!!!

182cup/D40/Hornet
Bonnet by anychance,bit cheeky I think.'
Could possibly be a manufacturing problem with your car but we've told you/amended the handbook so it's not our problem anymore'
Never had a problem with my bonnet though,fingers crossed

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The bonnet issue, it wasnt a recall.
But i can take my car to my local dealer (which was listed as one 20 miles away)to be checked.

D

dick

nticed my bonnet werent clsed right, so i oiled it about a year ago.

I don't see the huge issue realy to many people taking it out of context.

Next Renault will have to put a note saying don't put diesel in petrol cars. and check your tyres they can leak air.

Lee

BMW M2C
I spotted a Mk2 Phase 1 on the motorway at the weekend with the bonnot smashed against the windscreen. Luckily they had made it over to the hard shoulder safely.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
they just cover themsleves by sayin, next time you have a service, dont go to your cheap local garage, come into renault we will treat you like s**t and whack some grease on your bonnet haha

The Beast MK4
Its all a bit late.

I met my bonnet back in 03. Thank feck it wasn't a motorway job though. I had to give the catches gentle persuasion with a hammer to get the b*****d back down.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
I have, i've had the letter and the ammendment. I've been to Renault and had it checked. And had a certificate to say its ok iirc

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Next Renault will have to put a note saying don't put diesel in petrol cars. and check your tyres they can leak air.

Exactly, its just general maintenance. I go round mine checking hinges etc every few weeks. There is no issue. Its the same as checking lights etc. Also people having a winge about checking stuff, in the CTR handbook it says to check oil at EVERY fill up of petrol!

Mondeo TDCI 130

Exactly, its just general maintenance. I go round mine checking hinges etc every few weeks. There is no issue. Its the same as checking lights etc. Also people having a winge about checking stuff, in the CTR handbook it says to check oil at EVERY fill up of petrol!

this is because they smoke like a biatch?!?!?!

RenaultSport clio Trophy
Maintenance is fine we all do it and realise the importance of regular checks, but how many other vehicles have a section in their book to maintain the bonnet catch? How many other manufacturers have had over 1000 of thier bonnets fly up whilst the vehicles are being driven? Why is it just the mark II clios and not the other models if it is purely a maintenance problem and not Renaults responsibility?

I will also have to file it in my huge folder of crud correspondence to/from renault.