ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio in the flood!

No more clio's for me!
Heres my pics/vid from yesterday...boy what a journey! 8.5hrs to cover 40miles back from work, crawling through roads turning to rivers!! But the little trophy did well get me and it's self home in one piece! :cool:

Coming out of Stratford at 2:30pm
20072007117.jpg

Still in the Stratford area at 5pm!
20072007121.jpg

Still there at 6pm - water quite high now!
20072007122.jpg

Fook this was deep!
20072007123.jpg

Poor people at this house :(
20072007124.jpg

This is even deeper, up over the bonnet job and road just seemed to be all torn up below, like driving on a river bed. Revs constant to 4k and riding the clutch like a $5 hoe! this is at 7pm!
20072007125.jpg

pmsl at this - guy and his missus in a merc trying to turn around on the central grass verge and got stuck - ownage! :rasp:
20072007127.jpg

Abandoned cars everywhere - just up the road from this another massive road river! - this is about 9.30pm!
dan-1.jpg

The que to get in Malvern (home) at 10:30pm, with another amazon crossing about 1mile a head!
20072007129.jpg

To finish a nice little vid!
th_4e0ad94d.jpg

Welcome me trophy! :cool: :star:

Hyundai i40
f**k me that looks well bad!!!!!!!! you did well to get home by the looks of it.............and 8.5hrs feel well sorry for you!

No more clio's for me!
Yeah glad i got home in the end, listening to the news this morning it seems some people weren't as lucky! :(

106 GTi
Sounds like loads of People got stuck on the M5 as well as the M50, meant to be trying to get Banbury later so we will see.

Surprised you got so many pics I would have been worried about drowning.

No more clio's for me!
Sounds like loads of People got stuck on the M5 as well as the M50, meant to be trying to get Banbury later so we will see.

Surprised you got so many pics I would have been worried about drowning.

Wouldn't bother venturing out today mate. Still pretty bad out there! :(

Playing with my phone and signing along to the stereo kept me sane(ish)! lol

DC5
It is a nightmare out there. The M5 is still closed.

I am meant to be taking my ex to the airport at about 11. Except the girl she is going with lives in Malvern and says she can't get this side of Worcs or even out of Malvern. Their mate who they are also meant to be going with is still on the M5 from his journey home from work last night!!! So it is not looking good. I have just got them some airline numbers, the only thing they can do is try to change the flight.

Do you think their travel insurance would cover them if they couldn't get to the airport or change flight?

No more clio's for me!
It is a nightmare out there. The M5 is still closed.

I am meant to be taking my ex to the airport at about 11. Except the girl she is going with lives in Malvern and says she can't get this side of Worcs or even out of Malvern. Their mate who they are also meant to be going with is still on the M5 from his journey home from work last night!!! So it is not looking good. I have just got them some airline numbers, the only thing they can do is try to change the flight.

Do you think their travel insurance would cover them if they couldn't get to the airport or change flight?

Not sure matey...don't things like this come down as 'an act of god' sh1te?! :S :(

DC5
More than likely. Glad I am not going with her now. Ha!

Sky news has got a lot about the floods around here at the mo. It looks like the M5 is just starting to move again. But there are 15miles of traffic so obviously going to be a while before it clears.

182 Cup Inferno
didnt you need a pee though when you were driving, and wouldnt you have been really thirsty and hungry!?

TeZ

Non RS : (
Ive got it worst in my area Brize norton got 125mm of rain and stow on the wold got 115mm lol Loads of rivers here to all burst open and s**t , im fuked.

I would of found accommodation somewhere out of the flood then charged the company for it!!

Wouldn't of even attempted driving through the water, normally ends in tears lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really bad - I hope no water & crap got sucked into the engine?

How did you manage on petrol, being stuck for that long!

Glad you got back ok, though. :)

D.

No more clio's for me!
Looks really bad - I hope no water & crap got sucked into the engine?

How did you manage on petrol, being stuck for that long!

Glad you got back ok, though. :)

D.

Luckily i had a full tank. Still used 3/4 of a tank tho.

Me to mate, need to look at it later just to make sure its all OK, probably could do with a service now! lol

The lanes from work to home were terrible. Was doing 10mph water was up above the splitter , thought it was going to break as it was acting like a plough

Me to, i expected the whole front to fcuked or full of water, but so far it seems (needs a proper look) OK.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Good job you bought the 4x4 Clio.

I wouldn't have kept the revs up personally when driving through those bad boys. I would have kept them as low as possible to avoid sucking water in.

No more clio's for me!
Good job you bought the 4x4 Clio.

I wouldn't have kept the revs up personally when driving through those bad boys. I would have kept them as low as possible to avoid sucking water in.

Need 'em high fella to force any mositure out the back and keep the exhaust system as hot as possible. :)

Silver 172 Ph1
My girlfriend got a call halfway thru her shift as a Midwife saying to move her car from the car park as it was flooding. When she got to it she was knee deep and it was over the wheel arches, both footwells full of water and battery light on :(

Luckily we got it home and scooped out as much water as we could. I hate this shitty weather!

No more clio's for me!
Its amazing how quick it all happened, the water rose so quickly, roads that weren't flooded in places were flooded when i had to turn back. Feel for people stuck in the traffic jams behind me in some places, as they couldn't move so had no where to go. :(

interestings pics!!

looks a nightmare!

lucky you had a full tank though, i barely ever have more than half a tank!

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Your MAD I used to live in Hereford, and I remeber going to work one day and the rain just wouldnt stop.

After work I started to drive past the Football Ground towards the bridge only to find that the bottom of the road was flooded as was the road towards Sainsbury. I left my car at work and walked 4miles in the pi$$ing rain over the old railway bridge towards Clehonger.