ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Insurance

Hi All :D

Do any of you guys know of any good insurance companies to get a painless quote for a Clio 16v. Some places Av looked at were askin over a grand!:eek:

Any advice would be great!

Geoff :cool:

I am real tight when it comes to insurance Geoff.

You could do worse than try http://www.directline.comwww.directline.com, nowhere else could touch em for ins on my Williams. Make sure you do it online though as youll get a further 5% discount.

Bill.

Hi,

I just checked direct line for a quote. It was 1297K for me to drive a clio 16v.:mad: . They must pluck figures from thin air! Admiral offerd me £900 and adrian flux was about £850. Anyone else know of some decent insurers?

Geoff:confused:

Im with direct line, they had the best quote for me. But if your a new ( ish ) driver or young, try budget. They might be able to do better. Otherwise just play them off each other.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

3 Points

2 yrs no claims (plus additional 2 yrs bonus)

£1200 Fully Comp

Renault Insurance!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 14 November 2002

3 Points

2 yrs no claims (plus additional 2 yrs bonus)

£1200 Fully Comp

Renault Insurance!!
eh?

you live in bagdad gaz?

thats mental mine is just over £400

(my mum is a second driver maybe that helps, but the policy is in my name.)

yeah thoroughly recommend confused.com! through them i am with elephant now.....they gave me the best quote on my modded clio. had to switch from the AA because they couldnt insure me at a reasonable price on my new car because of the mods.

29, full NCB, fully comp, 450!

:D

Hiya! Im 20 with 3 years no claims and Im with Liverpool Victoria- 0800 514514. Ive got a MK1 clio rsi 16v and the insurance Im paying for that is £512 fully comp-all mods declared. Ive also got a heavily modified corsa, which is soon to be getting a 2.0 16v into it and the quote from liverpool victoria for the engine change is £564 fully comp-again all mods declared.

Hope this helps!

:cool:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

tomclio 1.2 that is for a Brand New 172? Not the 1.2 which i have sold if thats what you thought?

Elephant were best for me on the Williams.. so Im guessing theyll be the best now on a 16v! Well, I say *best* - its just they offer a 10 month policy with a years NCD at the end..

HIC were best (Phil quoted me) on a 16v but they couldnt quote on a Williams.