ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Artic 182FF
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Looks bloody awful.

As for 5-door only, I dont buy it at all. Why would Renualt produce the bigger Megane in a 3-door version but not do the same with it smaller brother. It doesnt make any sense.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Looks bloody awful.

As for 5-door only, I dont buy it at all. Why would Renualt produce the bigger Megane in a 3-door version but not do the same with it smaller brother. It doesnt make any sense.

You are right about the 5 doors and not 3 but to compare to the Megane RS wait and see if the Megane 4 RS ^^ will exist in 3 doors or only in 5 doors ^^

I say also "wait and see" for this Clio 4RS to see without the vinyls and camouflages its real forms and real look

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

and look at this

View attachment 79789

it's not a "real" 5 doors but more a 3 1/2 doors ^^ because the rears doors are small and the front doors smaller than for the curent Clio 3 RS 3 doors, and near invisible like for the Seat Leon for example, and thus not a longer Clio RS than the Clio 3 RS (even smaller I think in spite of this 3 1/2 doors ^^)

Me I look especially the very nice ratio "weight/power" possible with 1200 kg (2645 lb) about for an engine turbo of 220hp !!!
Waaahooo it will be great for a car of its category :clap:

Last edited:
  Nissan 350Z

Another naturally aspirated hot hatch bites the dust.

I know turbos are quick, but they tend to be less reliable / durable, and the low down torque makes for effortless driving, but less rewarding IMO. The thing is, to make any of the current RS Clios go quick, you actually have to put some effort in, which for me can be more rewarding. Also, being naturally aspirated makes it a little different to everything else out there.

So now, it looks like you'll be having to buy a Twingo if you want an NA Renault hot hatch, but it lacks the performance most expect from a proper hot hatch these days.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

I know turbos are quick, but they tend to be less reliable / durable
So now, it looks like you'll be having to buy a Twingo if you want an NA Renault hot hatch, but it lacks the performance most expect from a proper hot hatch these days.

disagree with that completely, if its designed properly its going to be reliable.

Twingos are actually surprizingly quick! i had a blast with one in my 200 the other day, and i was much quicker thru the bends but in a straight line i was mighty impressed by how well it kept up!

Evo 5 RS

Civic Type R side profile much.

Doesn't look all that bad. If not a little huge though.

Nissan 350Z

disagree with that completely, if its designed properly its going to be reliable.

Twingos are actually surprizingly quick! i had a blast with one in my 200 the other day, and i was much quicker thru the bends but in a straight line i was mighty impressed by how well it kept up!

That's a big "if" though. At the end of the day, it DOES add complexity, and it IS more that COULD go wrong. Each to their own though, I suppose. Its just that, for me, one of the draws of the RS Clios was the fact they were N/A screamers. You could choose any number of rivals if you want a turbo'd car (Corsa VXR, Peugeot 207 GTI, Mini Cooper S, Polo GTI, Ibiza Cupra etc etc).

SQ5

Agree with you Martin, turbos are only unreliable because people turn boost up on standard turbos which significantly reduces the life span.

That RS front bumps looks like a merge between the 200, Golf R and Scirroco R.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
When we were at Dieppe last July we were told the new RS Clio will be 1.6 turbo. Since then I have heard its the engine from the Nissan Juke that will be going in it.

260% JCW

A lot of cars with Direct injection are suffering from carbon build up now and costly engine de-cokes. Designed to fail springs to mind.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

A Tv show on cars and racing cars of the 1st French TV Channel (TF1) announced 2 hour ago that Renault will presente officially this new Clio 4 RS... in the end of June in the FoS Festival near of London to celebrate its 110th anniversary of success in the motor racings !!! ^^

Thus, normally in few days we will know really the new Clio 4 RS !!! :)

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

A Tv show on cars and racing cars of the 1st French TV Channel (TF1) announced 2 hour ago that Renault will presente officially this new Clio 4 RS... in the end of June in the FoS Festival near of London to celebrate its 110th anniversary of success in the motor racings !!! ^^

Thus, normally in few days we will know really the new Clio 4 RS !!! :)
Cool cant wait!

Me too of course! :clap:

I cross the fingers for that information given by this French TV Show is true !! :)

And .. Oooh English mates, go in this FoS Festival in London, take photos and show me in first here dice the 29th of June the new Clio IV RS !!! LOL

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

Hopefully this will hammer 200 prices so you can pick up some bargains - new and second hand.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250

Apparently it.ll only be there on Friday and Saturday, if in fact it is the Clio 4 RS, but Renault have confirmed a surprise at the FoS.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Apparently it.ll only be there on Friday and Saturday, if in fact it is the Clio 4 RS, but Renault have confirmed a surprise at the FoS.

The BIG surprise announced by Renault for the FoS will not be the Clio 4RS we think in France but the return finally of a commercial and real French SuperCar (and Renault Sport thus ^^) with 450 at 550hp on the roads !! :)

Apparently if Renault dont show the Clio 4rs in the FoS in England, it will be few days after, the 4th of July in the "Salon de Genève" in Swizerland ;-)

Albi blue 197

Jamie please don't say your getting rid of trophy for a 200 I've got a 197 and tbh I'd stick with the trophy

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

new news today in France ^^

Today a famous French car's magazine "AUTO PLUS" wrote that Renault will sell its new Clio 4 RS dice ... January, 2013 !! :p

This magazine confirm also the Engine : 1.6L Turbo come from the Nissan Juke 190hp in the origins but increased by the wizards of Renault Sport at 210hp

It wrote also that to cross the gears (even if the gearbox is semi-auto) it will use a racing system of pallets in the steering wheel!

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST3

new news today in France ^^

Today a famous French car's magazine "AUTO PLUS" wrote that Renault will sell its new Clio 4 RS dice ... January, 2013 !! :p

This magazine confirm also the Engine : 1.6L Turbo come from the Nissan Juke 190hp in the origins but increased by the wizards of Renault Sport at 210hp

It wrote also that to cross the gears (even if the gearbox is semi-auto) it will use a racing system of pallets in the steering wheel!

Sounds Good!

Just hope it looks good too :quiet:

They can't even make a normal gearbox to an adequate level (197/200 gearbox) is a joke.

I dread to think how many Warranty claims a fancy semi-auto gearbox will result in.

Suzuki Jimny

I doubt it'll have a flappy paddle box TBH. Would love the last of the 200's to be sold cheap ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

make sence to use a flappy paddle box so it chooses how fast you change gear and save them all the warranty claims of mongo's braking boxes

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

They can't even make a normal gearbox to an adequate level (197/200 gearbox) is a joke.

I dread to think how many Warranty claims a fancy semi-auto gearbox will result in.

Ok the gearbox is not the stronger force of the Clio RS but until to say a such thing is a pure idiocy for me sorry...

I repeat again for you : Who made the best engines and the World Champions engines and thus strong and performant gearbox who go with these engines for a F1 car since several years now ?

I know that in the UK or in England especially ^^ somebody forget always that but it's "Red Bull RENAULT" and not only "Red Bull"...

Renault Sport of course know how to made strong and good gearboxes but with the consequences to increase the price of the cars until the same level that some German adversaries cars for examples and it's not the tactics of Renault Sport who want in first the best ratios "Price/Quality", "Price/Pleasure" and "Price/Performances"

It's not the tactic of Renault Sport ... maybe until this new Clio 4RS ^^

Wait and see, we have few days to wait it now :)

Don't see where F1 comes into this atall mate sorry, fact remains though that the MK3 gearbox's, some of them were very poorly made, hence why so many 197 and 200 owners having to get large contributions from RUK for replacements.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Ok the gearbox is not the stronger force of the Clio RS but until to say a such thing is a pure idiocy for me sorry...

I repeat again for you : Who made the best engines and the World Champions engines and thus strong and performant gearbox who go with these engines for a F1 car since several years now ?

I know that in the UK or in England especially ^^ somebody forget always that but it's "Red Bull RENAULT" and not only "Red Bull"...

Renault Sport of course know how to made strong and good gearboxes but with the consequences to increase the price of the cars until the same level that some German adversaries cars for examples and it's not the tactics of Renault Sport who want in first the best ratios "Price/Quality", "Price/Pleasure" and "Price/Performances"

With respect, please take your head out of Renault sports behind and look at the facts, Renault have never made a particularly strong gearbox, there's problems with them on every model. Even after Renault (as a team) won the f1 championship a few years ago none of the tech made it to the road cars and the boxes are still crap. So the F1 argument is a bit pointless

Its very native to think that just because it has an RS badge on it that the box is magically going to be awesome. Reality is it will most likely be useless like every other box they have made

Clio 182

sorry mate but how good the Renault engine in the f1 cars is has nothing to do with the road cars!!! i love f1 but i know there is no cross over at road level, maybe at R&D phase,

but once we buy a car the engine and gearbox wont even remotely resemble any of the performance or reliability of the f1 cars :(

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Sorry again or you dont understand me or I dont understand you ^^

You say pratically that Renault and Renault Sport dont know how to made a good gearbox and it's false by far

And to the opposite yes let's speak about the racing cars competitons like the F1 WC where Renault Sport proof all the contrary that you say

But for its commercial cars, OK Renault Sport dont mount its best gearboxes possible but only because the price should be increased and the policy of Renault Sport is in 1st to play on the best ratio possible "Price/Pleasure-Performances"

But maybe Renault decided to change that for the new Clio 4rs by listening all the criticisms on his fans and on his customers on its last gearboxes, why not ?

Say that you say before to see a real Clio 4RS on real roads and tests is a non objective point of view sorry...

Wait and see the 1st real tests and after we will can speak about its gearbox...

To finish sorry mates but me I like the stock gearbox of my Clio 2 RS1 ^^ :race: