ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

182 ff
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

now that is funny,
why didnt renault do a 3 door cup version to, stick a 2 litre in it (maybe a turbo) , give it 225 bhp, and manual option,

make the megane abit more powerful to 275 bhp,every ones happy.

Is there an RS estate version?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

now that is funny,
why didnt renault do a 3 door cup version to, stick a 2 litre in it (maybe a turbo) , give it 225 bhp, and manual option,

make the megane abit more powerful to 275 bhp,every ones happy.

Because they have that already, they called it a Megane and gave it 250bhp or 265bhp dependant on how horny you are.

Interesting comparison but ultimately a bit pointless in terms of influencing buying decisions. I wouldn't think there are too many people in the market for a £19k supermini who are also considering a £27k RWD coupe.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Interesting comparison but ultimately a bit pointless in terms of influencing buying decisions. I wouldn't think there are too many people in the market for a £19k supermini who are also considering a £27k RWD coupe.

Completely agree

interesting comparison but not one that matters.

the only reason the gt86 is more fun is because is has no grip and you can twitch the back end out if your in 1st or 2nd.?

you could buy a Clio and an m3 for the price of a gt86!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeah, I would say the majority of people interested in the GT86 are driving/car entheusiasts.

Id say the same thing about the Clio RS, unless we aren't bothered about driving on this site?

Most people in the market for Clio will not be in the market for GT86. Just like people in the market for Clio will not be in the market for Ferrari 459, regardless of how much of a 'drivers' car it is. I think that's the point people are trying to make. 208/Polo GTI would have been a much better comparison.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Was the GT86 not brought out to try and lure people away from things like the 200 though by making it a reasonable priced alternative in a different package?
You know for the type of people like most of CS who lets face it don't really have a need for 5 seats and a decent boot... They're both rated as about the best drivers cars for a not dissimilar price, both have similar performance and both are practical ish.
The Polo GTi as far as I'm aware isn't rated as a particularly great drivers car and I'm sure when the 208 hits the roads comparisons will be made if it's up to the standard.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
To be honest I think that some people forget that there are people in the world that aren't on Cliosport who really want this car. My mum wants one for example. She wouldn't have been seen dead in a Clio 200.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It's relevant though isn't it?

I'm astonished people think this is a normal comparison.

GT86_zpsbc9a78fd.png

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
It's relevant though isn't it?

I'm astonished people think this is a normal comparison.

I'm astonished that people think that you can't make comparisons with other cars on the road because they cost more/less, have more seats, aimed at a different audience etc...
If they have similar performance then why not make a comparison?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think the comparison with the GT86 is absolutely valid.

That's because I've been swaying back and forth between the two for some time now..depending on my mood...racing driver or Dad.

I think the father in me will win though as the back seat usability of the '86 is almost non existent.

Fiesta ST200
Yes I know what drive they both are....

I was surprised by your comment to be honest.

So an Audi and a BMW can't ever be compared due to what wheels are driven?

Well I would have thought a potential car buyer would know what drive type they are after before they consider their options?

182 ff
i think you have just answered all our questions by that statement(no offence to your mum)if i was renault sport i would want feed back from clio sport and other sites,
got to remember alot of us will be in the market for these cars in 3 years time or more,if they are good we will keep them running for years, and buy parts.
the old owners will buy new clios.
will the new one be a classic in 8 years?
remember its meant to be clio SPORT
is the new model really a sport?

the flappy paddle gear box and exhaust noises are just a fad
it may be a very good car ,i aint drove it i cant say,

i guess this just makes past clios more of a classic.

add love to test drive it, but to be honest it dont look good to look at.

To be honest I think that some people forget that there are people in the world that aren't on Cliosport who really want this car. My mum wants one for example. She wouldn't have been seen dead in a Clio 200.

If the only people who bought these cars were from geeky car forums, Renualtsport would have been forced to shut up shop years ago. So many so-called motoring enthusiasts just can't see past the end of their own keyboard TBH.

Well I would have thought a potential car buyer would know what drive type they are after before they consider their options?

Doesnt really come Into play for me.

If I like the car, I don't care if its "only" FWD.

Id have an Audi over a 3 series for example, based on the car itself, not which wheels are driven.

Hence why I drive a Golf ;)

Fiesta ST200
Doesnt really come Into play for me.

If I like the car, I don't care if its "only" FWD.

Id have an Audi over a 3 series for example, based on the car itself, not which wheels are driven.

That's fair enough I guess.

But I think it matters to a lot of people.