ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Hardcore hot hatchers are a small market, this is to appeal to a wider audience, which it will, and the will sell more of them.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

DSG and 5dr totally kills it for me. It's a HOT HATCH FFS!

Looks are below par too, to close to other metal on the market.

Not a fan (oddly enough lol)

Disastra Coupe

Think people are missing the point here. Renault aren't making these to make the few hundred on this forum happy, they're making them to sell them.

The majority of the worlds population wants safety, refinement and economy... They don't give two tosses how quick a car is etc. Hence more base models will be sold than RS'.

I'll wait 'til i see one in the flesh to give my judgement though.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Reality is it will be better than a 200. Just like the 182 was better than a 172, 197 was better than a 182, and a 200 was better than a 197.

Going to weigh less and have more power. See ya later 200 lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

I've seen numerous Chav chariots come and go. Each one got slated on release but then heralded the new king.

The basic facts are it will be lighter and more bhp. Renault can make a good handling car. It has the recipe for success.

I will definitely be test driving. Sounds great to me. Sat nav, blue tooth etc etc. it just cracks me up on the comments. Throws me back to all the other releases.

Mini JCW

Surely 200kg less and more power will put it close to the Megane 260 in terms of performance? I doubt Renault want that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I know, i recall similar chat about the 200 and look what happened.

I'm very interested in it as a family bus. I'll be interested to see what its like on mpg as its a 1.6 - i'd imagine it'll be better than the 200 in that department! Tax should be cheaper aswell i'd imagine! The only thing i can see letting it down is the gear box, but i do hope im wrong i really do..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I really cannot see how they have managed to take 200kg's of weight from the previous 200.

If thats the case then its going to be circa 1040kg's, with 200bhp that would go like a stunned racoon!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

i dont actually mind it from here

264314_10150317715049977_1765877482_n.jpg

but wtf!? no wide arch and no side skirts?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

I doubt it will be 200 kg, but even if we get 100kg that would be mighty impressive.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27

Looks alright and I love the double clutch gearbox
however, it's a turbo, so for that reason I'm out.

Turbo LY R27

I've seen numerous Chav chariots come and go. Each one got slated on release but then heralded the new king.

The basic facts are it will be lighter and more bhp. Renault can make a good handling car. It has the recipe for success.

I will definitely be test driving. Sounds great to me. Sat nav, blue tooth etc etc. it just cracks me up on the comments. Throws me back to all the other releases.

I agree, people live in the dark ages thinking the 182 is the best car ever and nothing beats it and live on track permanently. My 182 pisses me off, every car has a turbo so if i want to over take i have to scream it which is frustrating. Great car when in the mood, and good for the money on track, but other wise its a chore, crap interior, crap driving position, rattles and no torque etc. Move on people lol ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

The 182 steering wheel from a school bus lol great car though, I enjoyed mine, but my 197 was better bar doing 26mpg over a tank commuting.

Focus

I really like it, and people love the dsg boxes from the VW group so would imagine it'll be pretty good, hasn't been a bad RS yet?

clio sport f1 r27

Ill wait to see if the gearbox issues from the 197/200 has been fixed if so I would consider it

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I'm reserving judgement, but it does look a bit too long in the middle. Hopefully it's a grower, I've only just started to really like the 197 styling, so this has plenty of time.

2016 Seat Leon FR

150 milli second gear change in "race" mode.
Yeah is it just me or is 150ms actually quite a long gear change time for a dual clutch box? Upchanges for VW's DSG are 8ms (as long as the gearbox is ready).

Fiesta ST200
Looks the nuts if you ask me. The thing is going to be a weapon too which is what people are forgetting.

Want to see it in more colours!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

So if they'd bolted on arches like on the Meganes people would have been happier?

People need to accept that niche low volume cars from the likes of Renault won't happen anymore, from a business perspective, to have a 3 door flared arch body just for low volume RS sales is, relatively speaking, a complete waste of money.

So they can only work with what they've got...and considering what they've got to start with, I think RS Dieppe have made a pretty good job of it.

How it feels and drives is all that matters to me...and Renaultsport's track record here is good so it should be a winner.

Well, it's either that or find a £2k almost 10 yr old probably 100k+ mile 172/182 and join in with all the other inbreds that they now fall into that hands of at that price.

No thanks.

dk

911 GTS Cab

but if its being produced at dieppe theres not reason to not have flared arches is there, the only reason the megane has them is because it isn't built at dieppe and on the normal production line so they need to improvise etc.