ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Really?

I'd have thought the reason for the bolt on arches on the Megane was that, like with this new Clio, they couldn't justify the expense of tooling up for a bespoke body which will sell in very low volumes, so they bolted a body kit onto it instead.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

Here's a slightly better comparison shot.
love them both but agree that the 200 already looks dated IMO

image-1.jpg

image-7.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

I need to see one in the flesh to be honest.

The auto box is a real problem for me as well as most "drivers" I imagine. The lack of brembo's is a shame as well as the RS specific body panels. Lost it's uniqueness.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I need to see one in the flesh and drive one also, some pics it looks good, others it looks horrific.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Comparing the new to old with that LY200 makes the new one definitely looks like a Leon.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Ha! Cool little comparison.

The new one looks VERY fussy when you look at the others though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Not an RS, but still the best looking ;)

16VKESEP12_zps013a2922.gif

An orange one

that valver is gorgeous!!!

in order of preference out of those...

V6
Valver
phase 1

yellow turd (aka new clio)

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

Ph1 & Vee all the way for me!!! Funnily enough they are the 2 I have owned & plan on owning again :)

the 200 looks dated on some pics, the green press one with white wheels (which was a poor marketing shot) but above in LY it looks amazing, like christopher said abit back. this is for the masses and as such the core will suffer. The brand has had a systematic dilution as of late (how many stupid special additions with simply a paint job) this is no different.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

What's the craic with rev matching with the new auto box?

It mentions different driving modes (dull/sport/race) etc but have they remained true to the brand by retaining extreme mode?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Looks ok, always takes a while to adjust to new styles, I'm sure it'll look great when it's sat on the drive ;)

It'll be faster which is good, it will probably handle well which is good, DSG style box with an auto for town driving is excellent, I've wanted an auto for town for so long now.

I'm failing to see anything wrong tbh, from what we know so far it ticks all the boxes for me.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Looks ok, always takes a while to adjust to new styles, I'm sure it'll look great when it's sat on the drive ;)

It'll be faster which is good, it will probably handle well which is good, DSG style box with an auto for town driving is excellent, I've wanted an auto for town for so long now.

I'm failing to see anything wrong tbh, from what we know so far it ticks all the boxes for me.

Will you be looking to get one mate? I dont know if i can wait that long lol...

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

i think the new one will be liked by the mags for its power and drive so it will sell but its lost its hot hatch looks the defines it away from a normal clio :(

PUG 208 GTI anyone? ;)

Insignia SRi

I think it looks so pants, Renault like most car companys now are getting too "fussy" with their styling. Not for me as it looks too much like a little city car now.

Megane RS 250

The things I really liked of the 197 were:
Brembos
Bulging wheel arches that made the car looks totally different from cooking clios.
Diffuser with slash cut exhaust exits
Recaros
3 doors

What I didn't like:
Not much torque
Weight over 1200kgs
Steering wheel not vertical enough

Nothing of this is found on the new model, but I hope at least they solved the torque and steering wheel issues.

What I would have like was a "swan song" version of the 200, with a Megane 250 engine, 2 seats, half cage, lexan windows, titanium exhaust, bucket seats...I can dream right?

Ged

PD130 Peach
The looks are growing on me very slowly. 200 now looks dated but I think the 197 has that bit more of an aggressive edge to it...

I agree people love dsg boxes. However, not many cars that don't offer a manual option.

I wanted a dsg box... In a diesel vw. Not my hot hatch.

Personal preference though isn't it.

Someone go put a deposit down. When someone on here gets one that's when the fun really starts!

Megane RS 250

The Polo GTI and A1 1.4 TFSI are available only with the DSG gearbox. Renault is pointing directly at the Polo with this (The polo happens to be one of the few hot hatches that looks good in 5 door shape...the Fiesta is even better but I wouldn't call the 1.6 Zetec "hot")

Megane RS 250

I was waiting for someone to spot them...
It's also a bit shorter and lowered.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

And Brembos. And the fact it's not sh*t. :cool:

OK, Brembos too, but since when have Renaultsport released a car with crap brakes? Don't think they'd drop the ball on this one.

Until anyone gets in one, it's all wild speculation and toys out of pram from a lot on here. I bet it stops just as well as any other Renaultsport car regardless of who manufactured the brakes.

CBR1K, F21 125D

Oh no, doors for people to actually get in the back of a car with rear seats. f**k.

I love nothing more than having a grown adult scuff his or her crotch over a folded seat, then prang their loaf on the roof to get in a car.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

It's not going to be s**t. It's just not going to be as 'pure' as us car geeks would've liked, that's all.

It still looks naff though. The more I look at it the more I'm put off.

I like it.

Paddles are fun.
Turbo means good noises. It also means people can spend 5k and actually see a change.
Xenons.

The brakes in my car are top notch. They're not Brembos and it's 10+ years old. It won't be s**t.

4 door isn't ideal but the they aren't massively noticeable anyway. It's not a 5 series estate.

They can't add everything straight away. They have to save some for the Clio 200 Turbo Trophy Silverstone Cup next year.

Megane RS 250

Single piston brakes were ok on 1 ton cars (Valver, Williams, RS till 2005) with less than 180 hp, but on 1.200-1250 kg cars with 18"-19" wheels and 200+ hp you need bigger brakes.
That's why Megane RS and Clio RS switched to 4 pots Brembos...
The thing is a Brembo kit is £ 1000+, and you got it free on the 197/200, now it'll be an expensive aftermarket upgrade and you'll need it if you plan do to track days.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Single piston brakes were ok on 1 ton cars (Valver, Williams, RS till 2005) with less than 180 hp, but on 1.200-1250 kg cars with 18"-19" wheels and 200+ hp you need bigger brakes.
The thing is a Brembo kit is £ 1000+, and you got it free on the 197/200, now it'll be an expensive aftermarket upgrade and you'll need it if you plan do to track days.

We don't know the weight reduction over a NA 200 yet, but it's going to end up not far off of how much the original Ph2 172 weighed. They cope just fine with single piston calipers.

Being under 17 inch rims allows for a much greater disc diameter and swept area so if not 100% up to 20 minutes at 10/10ths around Bedford without fade (what Clio brakes are as standard) then simple lines fluid and pads will likely be all that's required...not a £X,XXX four-pot upgrade.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Paddles are fun.
Turbo means good noises. It also means people can spend 5k and actually see a change.
Xenons.

It's the paddles that would genuinely put me off buying one. Deadly serious. Looks I can deal with, if the car is involving to drive. Not saying that the 200T won't be of course, but as someone that enjoys driving for the sake of driving, I don't want a DSG style box to rev match for me - I'll do that myself thanks.

The 1.6T unit should be interesting though. On the whole, I'm not a fan of modern turbo engines; I like lag as it's at least gives the engine some character. We shall see.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy

This is taken from Renault live twitter page

@Renault_Live: A: The Recaro-style bucket seats will not be available for launch but later on #ParisMotorShow #MondialAuto #ClioRS

Think I will be waiting for the 215 edition in 18 months.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Too much brembo bumming going on in here.

I'm sure the standard brakes will adequate to go to the shops and back.

LOL.

The new Focus RS must be dangerous to drive then!

Tbh I'm quite happy it being a 5door, I'm fed up of owning 3 doors now for all the hassle they come with.

Engine sounds alright, prefer N/A but without driving this new engine it's hard to say what sort of character it has.

Lookswise I don't mind it, my only gripe is Renaults stupid idea of putting massive Renault diamonds on the front of the car. Look silly.

I'm on the fence. It looks pretty good I suppose. I wouldn't buy one at the moment but that's personal choice.

Why do some people have a massive hard-on about flared arches? Flared over the basic car? Well yeah but it already expands quite noticeably from the waistline anyway. IIRC the 182 didn't have "flared arches" either?

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but for the most part, the hate comes from denial and a refusal to accept that it'll probably be a much better car than the one you currently own. Watered down. Not hardcore. Blah blah. Six or seven years from now, everyone on here will be proclaiming it the last of the old school hatches. And so the perpetual cycle continues...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I like it.

Paddles are fun.
Xenons.

The brakes in my car are top notch. They're not Brembos and it's 10+ years old. It won't be s**t.

4 door isn't ideal but the they aren't massively noticeable anyway. It's not a 5 series estate.

They can't add everything straight away. They have to save some for the Clio 200 Turbo Trophy Silverstone Cup next year.

Where are you reading about xenons?