ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Suzuki Jimny
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

Been into renault again today, on tuesday they had 141 clio 200's available nationwide. After the announcement of this they have a few left!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Been into renault again today, on tuesday they had 141 clio 200's available nationwide. After the announcement of this they have a few left!

I find that hard to believe

Saying that, Renault will probably be quite chuffed that a load of punters have bought a car that's gonna be 'outdated' in a few months.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No driver involvement with paddles.

I'm off to burn down the local Ferrari dealer for it's hate of driver's cars...

Oh wait a minute...

Abarth 500 Esseesse

I like the look of it. It's Renaultsport so it's going to handle like a Renaultsport. How it'll all come together with the new engine and 'box, we'll only know when we drive one. So I for one will reserve my opinion until then!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Surprised to see cumonrenaultcum hasn't been in here proclaiming its superiority yet! Alpine! 4RS!

No German car thusly!

Too many folk are being highly critical of something we know very little about.

100%

s**t. Watered down. Not hardcore. Blah blah blah. No one on here has seen one, much less even sat in one. Never mind driven one. Yet it's instantly s**t because it has five doors, vtec doesn't kick-in at 5000rpm, and the gearbox isn't srsly s**t like a Clio's should be.

Golf 7R

Of course it will drive well, it's a Renaultsport FFS. It doesn't however take away from the fact that it looks tacky from the front.

A 6 inch Renault Diamond, complete with R.S badge, try hard headlights and a fussy front end.

Good luck paying for the inevitable gearbox fix out of warranty.

Last edited:

I must say, that mincy little faggot (sorry excuse for) "R.dot.S" badge under the massive diamond is hyper-lame. I was hoping that this wouldn't make its way onto the production car.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I think it will look good not in god awful liquid yellow. I think I'll prefer the turbo 1.6, the gearboxes in every Clio I've drove would suit a turbo more because they're so bad at high revs. Not to forget a remap will see easy gains.

Mini JCW

So if the aim is to shave the weight down by 200kg, that puts it at sub 1100kg? That means a better power to weight ratio than an R26! Still fugly.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

hi guys

Quicly because I prepare the World Series Renault 2012 in Le Castellet where I shall go tomorow ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
  GW Clio 200

Don't like the look at all - from front, side or back. As someone said earlier, surely it HAS to look better in any other colour than that godforsaken pissy yellow. The reason I just bought a 200 was to stay away from the 1.6T engine this is gonna have. I will definitely not have one, no matter how well it drives.

It'll be interesting to see if Peugeot have gotten their act together with the 208gti, given that its still closer to a hot hatch shape and size than the new Clio RS specialbus. No doubt the Clio will drive brilliantly but it's still huge and hatefully ugly.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

The new fiesta st does look good, even the zetec s looks fantastic. Think it's got a 1.6T to.

197 FF Glacier White

I love it. Cup chassis option will sharpen it up for the enthusiasts and the interior looks like a very nice place to be. I like the DSG style box, others may not, but having driven the Golf GTi DSG, I'm sold, it's brilliant, the same concept is used in this box so no reason why it shouldn't be as good, if not better with it being a newer car. Can't wait to have a go in one.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Why do they want the 'feeling' of a longer car!? Big mistake.

I'd take the Corsa VXR, 208 GTi or Fiesta ST over this tbh.

Off topic but does anyone know if the new Focus ST is only 5 door as well?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Off topic but does anyone know if the new Focus ST is only 5 door as well?

That's correct. Five door only. On that note, on Focus STOC, there was a log of negativity regarding the 5 door only and smaller engine at first. Needless to say, the balance of opinion has and is still changing.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I semi agree with people saying about the new Fiesta ST being a decent contender, it has Recaro's as standard it has a manual gearbox & (not 100% on this) 4 pot anchors and drilled discs?

It also has another feature which IIRC you can limit the cars performance if you ever need to loan it to someone else (wife) which i think is a great feature!

Even at all this, i still reckon the Clio will not dissapoint! Times are changing, and in my opinion sometimes for the better!

Will the new Pro'Cee'd be a competitor in this market as well do you think?

Overall I think I'll wait and see what options come with it and how it looks and drives in the flesh before making my mind up about it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

I think Renault are pitching the Clio against the Focust etc now. Sure I read that in this thread somewhere.