ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

182 CUP
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

I'll be keeping my 182 as well, as IV looks pooh. How can they create such good looking, purposeful and aggressive looking hot hatches over the years....and then come up with this? I've no doubt it will go like stink, but surely its got to look the part?

It does look a bit pony. the diamond and headlamps are comedically oversized. I also still can't quite get on with the bulge on the door bottoms. Even though I know it's there to trick the eye into thinking it's not a slab-sided MPV. I'm sure it's a great car, but it does look gay.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

I see the silver Diffuser is black...

I'll wait till I physically see one before writing it off. After seeing a nonsport the other day in Red I thought it looked awesome! However I seen one in yellow and it looked horrible.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

The cars you're seeing pictures of are all pre runs for press use/testing etc (i.e some with silver diff users some with black ones). The ones that have been defined for UK market haven't been made yet, so will have a different choice of wheels and a few other bits. there's a press release going out soon with full UK tech spec. It's proper impressive.

182 CUP

The cars you're seeing pictures of are all pre runs for press use/testing etc (i.e some with silver diff users some with black ones). The ones that have been defined for UK market haven't been made yet, so will have a different choice of wheels and a few other bits. there's a press release going out soon with full UK tech spec. It's proper impressive.
Good point. I'm not sure how 'proper impressive' it could be looking at those pics though. Cant help thinking Ren have gone the wrong way with this. I await the final uk version with hope, fingers crossed, they'll get it right, they normally do:D

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

No one will probably pay much attention but...

I have been in the French alps last week seen quite a few new clios up close. One thing I am certain of it photographs poorly. Up close in person it looks very very good (I think superb tbh) and styled well. Haven't peered inside but exterior wise looks tre Bon!

I would personally reserve judgement until seen on the road etc and not from just photos. I accept not everyone will like it just like I prefer 197 over 200 etc. Just give it a bit of a chance.

So the standard cars look good I expect the RS to be good too.

Looking for 182

I saw a new standard Clio in black the other day and it actually didn't look too bad. Those RS shots above are awful, it looks terrible!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I was on a shoot with on last week and I completely agree. They look fantastic in person.

No one will probably pay much attention but...

I have been in the French alps last week seen quite a few new clios up close. One thing I am certain of it photographs poorly. Up close in person it looks very very good (I think superb tbh) and styled well. Haven't peered inside but exterior wise looks tre Bon!

I would personally reserve judgement until seen on the road etc and not from just photos. I accept not everyone will like it just like I prefer 197 over 200 etc. Just give it a bit of a chance.

So the standard cars look good I expect the RS to be good too.

Went to Huddersfield Renault for a mooch round one today, I must say they do look better in the metal, although side on they look shockingly bad!

Front/rear on though they look ok. Just ok though.

The cabin does look a lot more modern compared to the mk3, although the red dash was horrendous.

Not an RS but, Racing Blue?

8468639392_25caccb022_z.jpg

Untitled by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

8467546087_6147fd32f6_z.jpg

8468640158_6057692c11_z.jpg

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Definitely nicer in person. The only thing I don't like is the plastic on the steering wheel and the colour interior, although that can be changed to all black.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

Surely all these comments of the lack of road presence were exactly what would have been said if cliosport.net was about when 172 was released.
The valver looked very purposeful! Big bonnet bulge wider arches .. Then the 172 came out which to look at was very similar to the non sport. Vamped it up a tiny bit with the 182 (twin exhausts). Then added some more road presence with 197/200 with the wider arches... Now they have went back to a pretty lame looking sport..
there is a kind of pattern occurring ...
maybe the next one will get injected with some steroids agai !

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

The way Renault are going there won't be a Clio 5!

Or 4s if you will lol

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250

Full UK pricing and specs to be revealed tomorrow guys. Keep your eyes peeled.

derv biege barge

Revolting, I'll keep the 182 thanks although it will probably cost me about the same in parts as it will to finance a new one.

Looks a bit like some Mazdas from the side/rear.

Hoping it's better in the flesh though.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250

Don't worry. Didn't take it that way.

Be intriguing to put all the pieces of the jigsaw together finally instead of hearing and reading little snippets or rumour and conjecture.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

I wouldn't go that far tbh. I honestly like the new shape having seen one on the road(non sport) and think the Renaultsport version will be better.

This car does not photograph well at all hence why the folk who have actually seen it tend to talk it up more. Granted some people don't like it but once seen in the flesh, it looks a lot better.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

I wouldn't go that far tbh. I honestly like the new shape having seen one on the road(non sport) and think the Renaultsport version will be better.

This car does not photograph well at all hence why the folk who have actually seen it tend to talk it up more. Granted some people don't like it but once seen in the flesh, it looks a lot better.

+1

Word's and mouth.

I'm going to have a wee gander at my local Renault and see what it looks like.

172 Ph.1, 255 Ph.2

I saw it dozents of times in the flesh and in my opinion it just looks like on the photos i've taken.
Poor clio.

Clio 200

Surely all these comments of the lack of road presence were exactly what would have been said if cliosport.net was about when 172 was released.
The valver looked very purposeful! Big bonnet bulge wider arches .. Then the 172 came out which to look at was very similar to the non sport. Vamped it up a tiny bit with the 182 (twin exhausts). Then added some more road presence with 197/200 with the wider arches... Now they have went back to a pretty lame looking sport..
there is a kind of pattern occurring ...
maybe the next one will get injected with some steroids agai !

Well, if they don't, it's gonna get sand kicked in its face.

Clio 200

I just don't get this "does not photograph well" thing which seems to be gathering momentum. We've seen pics from all angles – high, low, back, front, sides, three-quarter – I mean come on, surely one of these shots would have made it look appealing.
Maybe not then.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Are there any members of admin that dont like this car? Maybe i have spent too long reading about bankers and politicians, but i sense that there is an agenda here to talk this car up in this thread.

I guess we will see if this post disappears.

Hi Rob :)

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

I just don't get this "does not photograph well" thing which seems to be gathering momentum. We've seen pics from all angles – high, low, back, front, sides, three-quarter – I mean come on, surely one of these shots would have made it look appealing.
Maybe not then.

Well I for one finds it doesn't photograph well. I find when photographed it looks even larger than it is, bits of trim look larger than they are and the car looks a mess because of it. Having seen the red one on the road, it looks much better proportioned in all aspects and even the large headlights don't offend me as they're only just bigger than the 200items.

Clio 200

Well I for one finds it doesn't photograph well. I find when photographed it looks even larger than it is, bits of trim look larger than they are and the car looks a mess because of it. Having seen the red one on the road, it looks much better proportioned in all aspects and even the large headlights don't offend me as they're only just bigger than the 200items.

OK, we'll see.
But, I'm struggling to understand how the horrid details and ungainly long, narrow and tall stance are going to disappear before my very eyes in 3D.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I think it looks just fine. Like any modern hatchback to be honest...but with a mild sporting edge.

That'll do.

I look forward to seeing one in the flesh.