ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

++++ clio knacked please help!! ++++

Jap Shed
just been through the carwash and when i started the car the revs rise to 6000 rpm without touching the accelerator!!!!!

if i push the brake it drops to idle.

the accel pedal has no effect whatsoever.

can anyone help?

i need to use the car in the morning .

Is your car a phase 1 or two?

Best let the car dry out might well fix it.
SOunds like a losee connection on the leham maybe to blame.

cliobritt said:
the car was fine until i started it after the car wash.
Most likly you've gone and kncoked a sensor off the engine manifold them need to get under the bonnet check for any connections which are obviously disconnected.

Jap Shed
not the ecu getting wet? should i try dissconection the bty to reset the ecu??

i will go have a look under now.

cliobritt said:
not the ecu getting wet? should i try dissconection the bty to reset the ecu??

i will go have a look under now.
I wouldn't expect it to be the ECU might have got wt wires but unplugging it won't fix that.

Jap Shed
there was not any water under the bonnet thats what i dont understand..............
it cant be the throttle cabls because its fly by wire right??

cliobritt said:
there was not any water under the bonnet thats what i dont understand..............
it cant be the throttle cabls because its fly by wire right??
Yep electric throttle cable on your car.

Jap Shed
just spoke to ben @ angleworks and he said the butterfly maybe stuck.
i took the elbow off and pushe d the accelerator, the butterfly only moved a a few milimeters ................... now the car only goes to 400 rpm when started???

Lionel Richie
eh? you should be able to fully open the throttle butterfly by hand (with the electircs OFF)

maybe a damaged vacc line or air leak somewhere, have you had the plenham off recently?

Jap Shed
no mate, someone pushed the trottle continusly and it only opened once or twice, the rest of the time only a fraction

Jap Shed
FredYozzasport said:
eh? you should be able to fully open the throttle butterfly by hand (with the electircs OFF)

maybe a damaged vacc line or air leak somewhere, have you had the plenham off recently?

i could move it with the elec off no probs.

M

mini-valver

Make sure the brake servo vaccuum hose is on. its on the right hand side od the inlet mabifold at the top

M

mini-valver

It plugs into the manifold, looks like a shiny black plastic pipe, quite hard i.e not rubbery. When you remove this they rev like fook!

M

mini-valver

Attatched to the throttle bodie, where you felt for the butterfly.

Jap Shed
the butterfly is supposed to be closedv when not accelerating right??
is it supposed to open 90 degrees when pedal is pushed??

M

mini-valver

Yeah thats it. spray some carb cleaner in there see if that helps

Jap Shed
thats the prob then! when the accel is pressed the butterfly only opens a fraction............... will find out why tommorow