ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Lookers deal, someone explain to me in numptie terms please.

I suppose if you owe less in the end, and the car is actually worth more than the final payment, you'll have more equity to put towards the next deal.

Civic Vtec y0
I suppose if you owe less in the end, and the car is actually worth more than the final payment, you'll have more equity to put towards the next deal.

Correct, unlikely tho due to the high GFV but is possible

RSP

Clio 200
RSP - Did you part exhange a car? If so did they do you a good deal on part exchange price?

TheDuck - got a part ex price of £1,150 for an old T reg golf GTI - may try sell private before trade in date.

DrRollo asked - how is that a better deal? (Unless you keep the car) - the APR is lower rate is what I was getting at. Your right that i am also keeping my options open for the end of the 2 years therefore the total amount payable is less than the lookers deal.

Civic Vtec y0
RSP can I ask the in's and out's of your deal? basically you have a 200 with cup pack in white, with a total mileage of 12k and some mats? for £223 a month?

RSP

Clio 200
RSP can I ask the in's and out's of your deal? basically you have a 200 with cup pack in white, with a total mileage of 12k and some mats? for £223 a month?

Hi Ryan
soz for the delay in replying.
I have a clio 200 in Nimbus with 7k miles for £232 / month. (so extra £1000 for 200 model and £400 for met paint boosts the monthly cost up by £32 and i then negotiated 2,000 extra miles for same monthly cost). I then added the cup pack but just paid for this seperately.
The main thing is that when looking at this offer at Lookers / Harrats etc dont pay for the additional miles as part of the monthly finance as it works out more expensive than if you just pay 6p /mile at the end of the 2 years when you give the car back.

Any brand new car purchase is going to loose value as soon as it leaves the dealer, but the overall financial package for the clio sport is quite appealing because you dont have any large initial payment so your money isnt tied up in the car, just pay your £999 deposit and monthly payments then have the flexibilty at the end of the 2 years of either handing it back or buying it to run / sell on. Hopefully its worth more than the final payment after 2 years - who knows? and if not you have a GFV so you will not be in negative equity. Im sure different people will have different opinions but this i what i liked about the offer.

cheers

RSP

Clio 200
Yeah I don't expect any money back (who does?)

So basically it's going to cost me nearly £6k to drive a 200 for 2 years

Yes. im splitting cost with my partner so £100 quid a month isnt too bad for some good fun!

RB 182
A tip, pay for any options up front dont add them onto the monthly payments

I added £370 of options and my monthly payments went up £45 a month - work that out!!

A tip, pay for any options up front dont add them onto the monthly payments

I added £370 of options and my monthly payments went up £45 a month - work that out!!

Either something has gone wrong there or they are trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

Any options I added changed my monthly payment by cost of item /24 + 4.5%.

When I added Recaros and my payment went up about £38 + £1.70 odd on interest so total of £40ish a month. Speedlines cost me an extra £6 a month.

Civic Vtec y0
RSP I work for Arnold Clark Renault so just trying to work out how they have calculated it as I cant get the figures to work. PCP is the way to go, keep your losses to a minimum