ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk 3 Install

I got my System all in its pretty booming

JVC KDSH 55R Head Unit
Cerwin Vega Components and 6 X 9s
Steg Amp
12 Cewin Vega sub

Not loud enough though would two tens and a genisis amp be better and use the steg amp to power all speakers not just the front ones.

6x9s and sub is a big no go. the sub just distors the 6x9s. go to any ice show and ull hear what i mean.
at most stick a good pair of coaxiles in the back for rear fill. but its your system.

for further information look on www.caraudiodirect.com/forum

lot of folk who know alot about car audio

Ive had a few systems before. The best configuration is proberly components in the front and a decent sub ,powered by a decent amp.

Chun.

had no problems with mine and mine is a serious set up

sony head unit and 10 disc changer
cerwin vega HED series :-
5 1/2" components in the front
6x9 on stealth shelth at the back
2 x 12" dual voice coil subs
power cap
Profile sub genisiss amp for subs
Profile four for the components and 6x9s

had no problems with mine and mine is a serious set up

sony head unit and 10 disc changer
cerwin vega HED series :-
5 1/2" components in the front
6x9 on stealth shelth at the back
2 x 12" dual voice coil subs
power cap
Profile sub genisiss amp for subs
Profile four for the components and 6x9s

but have u ever compared it with a system that dosent have 6x9s? i bet u havent or you would rip those bad boys out faster than i could tell you to...er

6x9s are okay in my opinion if you dont have a sub. the trouble wiht 6x9s is that they are trying to do everything, a bit of bass, midbass, vocals and highs, and they do it all okay, but a single sub and a pair of quality components would sound a lot better because the sound seperation would be better!!!

Alrite lads! Just like you nighticon, ive got a serious system in mine with 6x9s and i got a 3rd place prize in a novice install comp and got more points than the 3rd place in the pro, so im all for 6x9s. it was a sound quality comp, not a db drag.

silver valver/hybrid

i must agree with cliojohn, 6x9s and subs dont really mix, its ok if you filter out the bass to the 6x9s but as my mate did just kept the bass flowing through them and they used to flap like crazy cus of the cross-waves from the 3 subs. Its blown one of the 6x9s (anyone want 1 sony 6x9?) and he wasnt even running that much power to them. so now he has had the clever idea of sticking 3 sets of 6x9s instead! sigh!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Surely, as with most things when it comes to modifying, its a matter of personal taste.

Rick