ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk1 1998 leaky sunroof

Clio Biarritz, mk1 1998
hi, my 1998 clio biarritz has a sunroof leak but i dont know where, its not the aerial. the winder/map light/imob sensor console on the roof keeps fillling up with water and then soaking me when i go round corners!lol

i read something about the sunroof water drains becoming blocked but i cant find any drain holes.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated
thanks pascal

Works...kind of...
Check the sunroof surround.

It's the piece of plastic going all around the sunroof where it meets the paintwork.

If it looks like the sealant has broken down, go down B&Q and get some clear sealant. Take the old stuff off and put the new one.

The sunroof drainage runs go down the A pillars, but they rarely block in my experience.

My gf has exactly the same problem with her biarritz, how did you solve the problem? anyone know how to get the headlining out so i can get to the bolts?? seemed to be stuck at the sun visor clip eventhough i took the screw out??

Mk1 Maxim Sport
lol my old mk1 used to do that all the time, i once went round a corner an didnt see it going all over me an i nearly had a heart attack cause i thought id pissed myself without even knowing lol. But anyway just go round the edge of ur sunroof surround (plastic bit) and slightly prize it up and fill underneath with silicon. Thatll sort it.

And it mite be worth unscrewing ur aerial an putting a load of silicon under the aerial mount aswel before screwing it back down just to be sure.