ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk1 brakes

Clio Mk1
Firstly, Im a big clio noob!
My brakes are old and rather vague to say the least which is worrying, i would like to upgrade them to something more dependable.
The car is a Clio mk1 (95) RT 1.4 auto and comes with solid front disk brakes plus rear drums.

Is it possible to chanage the rear drum brakes to disk? Can I change the solid disks on the front to vented ones?

Any advice is greatly apreciated! :eek:

500bhp Scoob
get a valver or williams front disc setup. makes them 259mm instead of 238mm.

As Dan says just get the valver brake setup, the drums on the back are perfectly fine as they don't do half as much braking as the fronts.

You can usually pick up the calipers and bolts for around the £40 mark, then just buy pads and discs to suit

Clio Mk1
Thanks for the info guys,
I have found the disks and pads required on the k-tec site, but the williams/16v brake parts escape me. Is there a retailer for these?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
I have found the disks and pads required on the k-tec site, but the williams/16v brake parts escape me. Is there a retailer for these?

just find a valver thats being broken and get them there i think.

Find one being broken for bits or use the Mk2 phase 2 calipers from anone RS care as they are the same (or should be there a fe that use the smaller 239mm disks all will be the 1.2 8V.