ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 1.2 16v clutch?

1.2 16v Dynamique
Last night I was out with some mates, we went down this really narrow steep hill and it was a dead end at the bottom, he managed to turn it around at the bottom (just) and i reversed back up the hill haha (very very steep). there was horrible smell coming from the engine bay and as soon as that happened i knew i had burnt my clutch out! managed to turn around in the middle of the road which ended up being about a 10 point turn as it was so narrow. my clutch was going anyway so now i need to get it replaced before it's too late! now if i accelerate from any gear its like revving with no power and then eventually it catches. to cut a long story short i would just like to know a rough price idea that i'm looking for to get it replaced (the part and labour costs)

Sorry for the essay haha! cheers

2001 1.2 Expresion
I paid a local mechanic £200 total (£50 for parts and £150 for labour) which was cheap, I'd guess most mechanics would charge around £300 total.

Just stay far away from Renault with it, friend of mine paid £750 for a new clutch fitted!

Hope that helps :)