ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 1.2 16v Intermittent Knock/Front End Skipping

Clio 01 Dyn
Hi,

Just gauging for info. I have an intermittent Knock at the front end, when going (say 20-30mph) over uneven road surfaces. Its doing my head in. I have since replaced, both Top mounts and Bearings, Both Steering Rack Arms and both TRE's. Losing the Will to live...

Another issue i have, is that when turning into a parking space at full lock, the car feels like its Understeering, so to speak, and the steering goes light. There is no play in the steering rack, and there is plenty of Tread left on the tyres. I thought this was possibly suspension related, but obviously not. - Could this potentially be the steering rack? Even though there is no play (When i say no play, the wheel moves, with every movement of the steering wheel)

Again.. Losing the Will to live with this clio..

Clio 01 Dyn
Steering alignment done.. made a little bit better.. issues still exist. Also getting the odd knock going over uneven ground and turning