ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio mk2 2004 1.5 dci, problems with 3rd brake light

Clio mk2
Hello guys, so basiclly my 3rd brake led lights loses it's power. I took it out looked at both switches on the light and from the car, seems ok. Lights starts working when i press brake, but they stop working 2,3 seconds after that, sometimes they stay longer. Im really hopeless right now since i have no idea what else to try. Lights are turning on so it might can be bad fuse or swith from the car??

Attachments

• IMG_1250.MP4
    30 MB

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Looks more like a dodgy electrical connection from the video, corrosion? Some electrical contact cleaner might be a good first step

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
The light unit is pretty cheap to buy from renault. It's worth replacing it.

It you have a multimeter you could attach that to the light connector and check the car is putting out a steady voltage when you press the brake. That way you will know if it's the car or the light.

You can take the light off and take it apart to check for bad connections too.

Clio mk2
Looks more like a dodgy electrical connection from the video, corrosion? Some electrical contact cleaner might be a good first step
The light unit is pretty cheap to buy from renault. It's worth replacing it.

It you have a multimeter you could attach that to the light connector and check the car is putting out a steady voltage when you press the brake. That way you will know if it's the car or the light.

You can take the light off and take it apart to check for bad connections too.
alright ill try it, thank you. :)

Clio mk2
So basiclly if someone has same problem, it had bad connectiong to the switch. I used 2 wires put into switch and just strongly connected to the light. Works just fine.