ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK2 HID Kit Install,Metal Clips on Headlight Bulb Unit

Renault Clio MK2
Hey,

Brought a HID kit today and when I tried to fit it and they wouldn't fit. I saw a another site that you need to remove the metal clips from the original bulb holder and put them onto the HID bulb and they should fit right in. But I have been trying for hours and hours and have had no luck :/ anyone else done this before and you can tell me how you did it? Any help will be amazing :)

Thanks Guys,
Scott

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Surely if you've got projectors on a mk2 clio (going by your car in your profile) it'd be the 1*2 xenons so already have HID bulbs in it? Or is it a set of aftermarket lights?

Anyway, what type of bulb is it? I'm not much help but someone might be able to if they know the bulb type and have installed similar kits.

Renault Clio MK2
I brought the headlights without Bulbs etc. Brought a HID Kit H7 Bulb. On the original connector its a single unit with the bulb, wiring etc all in one with a metal bracket on them. You put it in the hole and twist and it slots into place. But with the HID Kit they have the wires connected to the bulb (Doesn't plug straight into the original unit) Should I take the metal bracket off the original unit and try and out them into the HID Bulbs i'm so stuck xD

Focus RS + S3
Take the metal clip off the original bulb and put it on the HID bulb, its a little awkward but they will go on, then twist the bulb in as normal

@SDavies